Htc incredible rooting help

1. redlancers34

redlancers34 Active Member

Hello, i have a not rooted phone with 2.2 update.zip
    I want to root it but i don't know how, there is a thread called root your incredible whatever its status but the link he brings up you have to download a evo root file. Will that still work with my incredible and i thought you had to have unrevoked or something like that

Advertisement
  2. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

just follow what the thread said. even if its the evo it will work. u r gonna have to downgrade to 2.1 then root then go back to 2.2.
    unless you have patience then there should be a method soon where you can root without downgrading, maybe in the next few week.s
  3. turbozombie

turbozombie Well-Known Member

You might want to wait until an official 2.2 rooting method is available. Unrevoked is working on one and is nearly done. Would be easier than downgrading to 2.1 and going that route :)
  4. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

yea i would advise u to wait for the 2.2 method, it will come out soon.
  5. redlancers34

I know but as soon as I root and downgrade to 2.1 update 1 I don't really care about rooting. The HTC incredible is enough for me as it is. I just want to downgrade because 2.1 is a lot cleaner and runs more smoothly then 2.2 you know?
  6. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Some will know but others will not, like me. Froyo runs smother for me, big difference. As mentioned above, if you want to go back, there are instructions.
  7. redlancers34

For me before 2.2, I could use the navigation app with gps turned on and it worked like a charm. Now my phone can't even determine where I was and even now me typing on my phone it lags