• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible Silent Switch

I agree, no need for a seperate dedicated button when it is already accomplished 2 different ways on the Incredible.

1) Through the volume down button
2) Holding the power button down

Or by installing a widget.

It'd nice if you could change the volume without unlocking the phone, but that's a minor issue (I'm well aware that I can change that with root. I don't care that much.).

Upvote 0
Or you could use Tasker to create a profile that states when you turn the phone over it will automatically turn on silent or vibrate mode and stay that way until you turn the phone back over again.
True. But I'd caution against that.

I just spent a couple of weeks playing with gesture-based Tasker Profiles, and from what I've seen using a gesture as a stand alone trigger (like "phone face down") drains the battery very quickly. In the documentation it suggests that you set multiple criteria - like "headphones plugged in" and "Phone face down," because it will only look for that gesture when the first criteria is met.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones