HTC Incredible Touch Screen ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. CliffyC1

CliffyC1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Either my phone is haunted or there is an issue. From the home screen my phone switches windows slowly as if something is scrolling to the left. Also, when I have a window up with multiple selections on the screen I can see the selection highlight slowly move down the list without me even touching it. Anyone else have this issue? Recalibrating did not work.

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Check the HTC Incredible forum. They will be more helpful to you with your problem. I have a Droid Incredible also and mine definitely doesn't do that. I think yours is faulty. If worse comes to worst, you can always take it back to Verizon to get a replacement since you're within the 30 days. You received a faulty device.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Yeah, don't mess around. Get the replacement.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Sounds like maybe a track pad issue. Take it back

5. rigger71

rigger71 New Member

I am having the same problems with my Incredible. Ever since Friday, 25 June 2010, my screen is moving by itself to the left and some of the buttons are becoming ineffective. What is wrong with my phone?

6. nate.schindler

nate.schindler New Member

One possible cause: Humidity... or rather, a lack thereof.
    I live in Los Angeles and recently went on vacation in Yellowstone. My Incredible started acting crazy as soon as I arrived there. The center of the screen (in portrait orientation) was unresponsive, and it also just went spastic sometimes. Once I returned to LA, it was back to normal.
    I started thinking about the differences between LA and Yellowstone. Altitude, air pressure, temperature, humidity, etc. Humidity is the one thing that stood out since it makes a big difference in conductivity. Yellowstone was >10% while LA was ~30%.
    Basically, it appears that the environment plays a role here.

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

If your home screen moves by itself, wipe the smudges off your optical joystick!:)

The issue with unresponsive buttons sounds like something different, though (unless it's ignoring the buttons because of the trackpad input).

8. chipl71

chipl71 New Member

wayrad: that totally worked for me. Thanks!

9. BJTRAVEL4

BJTRAVEL4 New Member

My screen does this too and if i go to type a text message it is impossible because the cursor keeps moving back over my typed message! what do i do????

10. BJTRAVEL4

BJTRAVEL4 New Member

have you found the problem?? please let me know

11. nasson1977

nasson1977 New Member

I struggled with an intermittent unresponsive screen and random scrolling for a few months. Verizon techs claimed it had something to do with my body chemistry and to drink more water - WTH. Received my replacement phone from yesterday - so far so good.

12. Captainjerky

Captainjerky New Member

After reading a previous post, I honked on the trackpad a few times and the issue is completely gone. Must have gotten too much funk on it from not washing my hands enough, eh? :)

13. icgreen

icgreen New Member

My Incredible is randomly scrolling through screens too. I cannot determine a common factor. I won't bother calling Verizon though since they will blame one of my apps and suggest a factory reset....I've already been through that and 2 replacements. Three different problems, all due to the apps I have. I guess we must all have the same apps?

14. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Try cleaning the optical trackball.

iowabowtech likes this.
  15. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Absolutely agree. I had this happen many months ago...icons would randomly highlight, apps would open. Screens would scroll with no rhyme or reason. The whole fix was to clean the living crap out of the trackpad.

16. knitaddiction

knitaddiction New Member

I just received my 5th replacement last week (original phone purchased in OCT 2010) and I am now waiting on the 6th replacement from verizon. Graeat they keep replacing it but really how many times will they do this i am getting sick of setting up my phone over and over again. I am getting this self slide to the left, screen freezing and not responding however the time stays correct. The phone I just sent back was deleting apps, widget, and messages and I get countless force close pops daily. I am getting pissed. I love everything this phone cas do but why is it so quirky.

17. knitaddiction

knitaddiction New Member

And I dont even touch the track pad, so what gives. Verison says this issue is not known and not common, have they read this?

18. humanearthling

humanearthling New Member

:confused: like the energizing bunny the screen keeps going and going ..........:eek:........ the cursur for texting keeps going to the left it is that DIRTY BUGER I tell ya :mad: keep it clean and it takes care of it :p I just use plastic eye glass cleaner I spray it on a lint free cloth and then wipe it down :cool: