HTC Incredible Touchscreen vs. iPhone/iPodSupport

Last Updated:

1. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else noticed a *slight* (like, pixel or two) bit of lag when scrolling or swiping on the HTC Incredible?

I notice on the iPod touch and iPhone that sliding occurs instantly, but on both mine and my friend's HTC Inc's any slide-like motion has a fraction of a second of lag before it "picks up" that something is happening.

I notice it most if I slowly scroll in the browser, it will jump slightly.

I also notice it when sliding from home screen to home screen, if I do it slowly there is actually a significant moment before it "catches".

I ran some tests in some touch-paint programs and it seems like my initial touch places a dot, but that dot doesn't become much of a line for a couple pixels of movement.

This is different than the iPhone/iPod where all of the above is seamless and smooth without a delay. I almost feel like there is a touch-box around my initial touchpoint that doesn't gauge sliding until you bump a side of it.

Anyone have any insight? Is this software or hardware? Will it be remedied? Can I remedy it myself?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. c0rec0re

c0rec0re New Member

I noticed same thing in HTC IS, legend, hero. But in nexus S and iphone scroll reaction are much better then in HTC phones.
    I have not found why and no solutions... May be it's because htc sense...