HTC Incredible Unrevoked3 Waiting for root

Last Updated:

1. TimBrennan

TimBrennan New Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to Root my Incredible with unrevoked3. After installing the drivers on my computer and removing HTC Sync, I get to a point after executing the Reflash file it goes and sticks on "Waiting for root...(safe to restart if this doesnt work)

I have rebooted and retried and had no luck. I am running Froyo 2.2 with the update that came OTA on Sat Nov 13 (kernel 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16)

Im stuck any suggestions ?

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Sounds like your driver install went awry or didn't install correctly. Can you try that step again and make sure all components of HTC are indeed removed from your PC

3. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

4. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

Your problem is the OTA update. The November OTA update broke the unrevoked rooting process for the incredible.

5. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Someone should just make a sticky that says, "IF YOU INSTALLED THE UPDATE YOU CAN NOT ROOT YOUR PHONE."

6. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

I'm rooted with the new update. Read the thread I posted. :p

7. pdykstra

which thread? it is possible to root prior to the update and then manually install the update and remain rooted. Is this how you did it? As far as I know, it is not possible to root an incredible after the OTA has been applied.

8. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Flash the regular 2.2 stock ROM
    Root with Unrevoked3
    Apply Unrevoked-Forever
    Flash the new updated RUU
    Update clockwork recovery
    Install Superuser

9. TimBrennan

I forgot to mention that the phone has never been rooted before...this is a first time attempt

10. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Yeah like the others said above, you'll have to wait for unrevoked to root the update unless you want to run the older 2.2 RUU, root w/ S-Off and then apply the latest update.

11. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Oh no question, and I should have clarified it. I have the update as well, but it seems like there's a lot of, "I updated my phone and can't root," topics among first time rooters. It would be easier (for them) if there was something to let them know the situation, as much as it sucks.

12. pdykstra

how did you apply the old stock ROM onto a phone that already had the OTA update? From everything I heard, the new stock recovery wasn't allowing the old stock 2.2 ROM to be flashed.

13. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

I never got the OTA update. I pushed it manually. But you're correct, I don't believe you can flash the old 2.2 stock rom after the update...

14. TimBrennan

Since Im a total newbie, I'll just wait till its addressed with the unrevoked folks. I thought maybe it was something that I was doing....its like plumbing, if I touch it it only gets worse....TY....Tim

15. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

Anyone been able to flash the old RUU? Haven't found anyone. RUU fails and PB31IMG fails as well. If you know someone who has please let me know. Would love to know how.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your second post here.

16. Anonin

Anonin New Member

I purchased my Incredible a couple of weeks ago. It came with the new update of course, and a nice variation of bloatware.

Can't wait to see a working root for the new update. This is an incredible device (pun intended). Would just be nice to have the privs to de-crappify it a little further. :p