• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible Verizon's ace in the hole?

The Eris was the HTC Desire, not Desire C.
Actually your confused there, we're talking about the codenames list from the ROM.
DesireC (supposedly meaning CDMA) was in the list, no Desire.

Bahamas, Bravo, DesireC, Dragon, Dream, Espresso, Halo, HeroCT, HeroC, Hero, Huangshan, Incredible, Legend, Liberty, Memphis, Paradise, PassionC, Passion, Sapphire and Supersonic.

Upvote 0
Actually your confused there, we're talking about the codenames list from the ROM.
DesireC (supposedly meaning CDMA) was in the list, no Desire.

Bahamas, Bravo, DesireC, Dragon, Dream, Espresso, Halo, HeroCT, HeroC, Hero, Huangshan, Incredible, Legend, Liberty, Memphis, Paradise, PassionC, Passion, Sapphire and Supersonic.

Maybe, I've only heard it as Desire. Its also possible they've changed their naming conventions being that the Eris most likely launched before they did the 2.1 ROM. As I showed before there was only one C model in their 2009 lineup and as far as I know it didnt go to Sprint or Verizon. Also if you only have 1 model there is no need to differentiate.

http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/htc-desire-550x412.jpg

Upvote 0
What's up mark, I remember you from my crackberry days on the Storm. I have since dropped my S1 and love my Droid more than I ever did any Berry. I am watching for the Passion etc like yourself but lovin my Droid for now.

How's it going!!

I am still struggling with my Storm because I am still waiting for something better on an Android platform. I certainly wasn't going to the Storm 2.

I think the Droid is great, but lack of Multi-touch, the physical keyboard and the design of the phone all are not for me. Hopefully either the Nexus One, or the Incredible (if it truly is the Bravo) will be the winner for me.

I think we will be seeing more and more of our Crackberry friends coming over to Android as they realize that the Blackberry OS is really outdated for touchscreens.

Upvote 0

I don't know if this has been suggested, but perhaps the C doesn't stand for CDMA, but for an upgrade. If the Desire is the Droid Eris, the Hero is the Sprint Hero, and the HeroT is the T Mobile European Hero, then the C equivalence would be for the upgraded ROM for these phones. Current news has all of these phones are/may be scheduled for an upgrade to and least 2.0, and maybe 2.1 by HTC (Sense UI included). The only thing that defeats my reasoning is the Passion and PassionC, unless HTC tought 2.1 with Sense UI wouldn't be finalized before the release of the Passion (which none of us are really sure what phone this is/will be still). Just a thought.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this has been suggested, but perhaps the C doesn't stand for CDMA, but for an upgrade. If the Desire is the Droid Eris, the Hero is the Sprint Hero, and the HeroT is the T Mobile European Hero, then the C equivalence would be for the upgraded ROM for these phones. Current news has all of these phones are/may be scheduled for an upgrade to and least 2.0, and maybe 2.1 by HTC (Sense UI included). The only thing that defeats my reasoning is the Passion and PassionC, unless HTC tought 2.1 with Sense UI wouldn't be finalized before the release of the Passion (which none of us are really sure what phone this is/will be still). Just a thought.

You might have something. Going back to the leaked Tmobile 2010 HTC catalog the Bravo which was supposed to become the Passion stateside is not pictured with Sense UI despite other phones being pictured with the Sense UI. In fact it appears to have stock Android on it with a Sense weather widget. Also in the Spec sheet it doesn not list Sense like the Buzz does.

HTC's 2010 Android Smartphone Lineup Leaked, Revealed | Android Central

Upvote 0
You might have something. Going back to the leaked Tmobile 2010 HTC catalog the Bravo which was supposed to become the Passion stateside is not pictured with Sense UI despite other phones being pictured with the Sense UI. In fact it appears to have stock Android on it with a Sense weather widget. Also in the Spec sheet it doesn not list Sense like the Buzz does.

HTC's 2010 Android Smartphone Lineup Leaked, Revealed | Android Central

Good observation with the Bravo screen render being different (without sense buttons) but I think that theory would be expecting the Bravo to show up as BravoC since it is using the "upgraded" Senseless (stock) Android 2.1. You mentioned that the Bravo was supposed to become the Passion but I don't think that's necessarily the case. If Nexus One is Passion why would a Bravo (which already has a name in the codename list) be called the PassionC instead of the BravoC? Plus, the going theory is that Incredible is the stateside Bravo, so no combination of facts really seem to make the C designation clear :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just landed myself an Eris contract-free for a decent price. This will keep my account free and clear for whatever snapdragon offering Verizon gets, whenever they get it, and I can flip the Eris used for whatever the going price is (again, whenever Verizon gets their next HTC Android super phone). I just couldn't squeeze any more life out of my razr. The 20 minutes of talk time was getting down right ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Read this thread.
http://androidforums.com/verizon/20477-any-new-verizon-androids-before-january.html

I'm not sure how FatedDistress is affiliated with Verizon, but it he seems to be something more than just a store rep.

There is NOTHING coming out on January 10th, but there are a few phones coming out before then. Reason why I said the 10th is because it's 3 days before you have to give your phone back.

As far as I know Incredible is the same as the Passion, I will talk to our HTC rep on Tuesday and see what he says about it.

Motorola Calgary, LG Eve (both Android Phones) and Palm Pre SHOULD be released before January 10th.

Apple is also due to release a phone and a tablet PC with Verizon in 2010 but dates are unconfirmed. It is confirmed that they already have a working prototype of the Apple device but dates are all unconfirmed.

I have no specifics about other phones but will get back to you guys as soon as I find out more from the Reps of HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG.
Wait until January 10th at least, 4th quarter is not over yet and Verizon is not done releasing phones this quarter.

He made the following post on 12/21. Info about this Apple/Verizon contract has since hit the rumor mill.
Nexus will not come to Verizon for sure. Verizon did not want to take it on for various reasons, including the soon about to be signed contract with Apple.

Upvote 0
Another interesting post by our "insider" FatedDistress
Absolutely, CES should have an official announcement.

I spoke to our regional president and he confirmed that the "HTC Passion/Dragon will be in 1st quarter" again not giving me a for sure answer but he did assure me that VZW ordered 16.7 million units and they have all arrived. This phone was due to release December 6th but HTC once again failed to meet the deadline.

I'm really confident that by the time I have hard facts so will you guys because this is something that neither corporate nor HTC is releasing too much info about.

But again I will keep you guy updated, if not please stay tuned to CES where you should find out more.

For some reason January 5th stands out to me... We shall see if it is released on that date or later.

Not sure what to make of it, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Upvote 0
how many of you like entertaining scenarios that will never happen?
Isn't that 90% of rumors on this forum? Also, i'm not sure what you think will never happen. It's very possible we don't get the Bravo.
p.s. when did you buy that Eris of yours
specs wise, pretty similar. looks-wise, not even close.
Right, so... If the VZW phone looks like the N1 instead of the Bravo, what would your reaction be?

Upvote 0
How many of you would be disappointed if the new phone for Verizon ended up being the nexus one instead of the Bravo (and would you still buy it)?

I like thin. I like the 1GHz processor making the phone run more fluid. I really like the larger display. That being said, I'm getting whatever Verizon releases. I actually prefer the look of the N1 to the Bravo renders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones