HTC Incredible vs. HTC Bravo ("Desire")

Last Updated:

1. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so now that we have some news about the Nexus One for Verizon potentially being the Bravo, lets get some dialogue going about what we think of this and which phone will be the premier flagship product for Verizon in the near term.

For reference:
    HTC Desire (formerly Bravo) leaked press shot, the Nexus One for the masses - now with full specs! - Android @ MoDaCo

HTC Bravo Renamed Desire, Verizon’s Nexus One? | Android Phone Fans

Main differences i see (based on reported spec's for each):
    RAM: Desire (576MB) > Incredible (256MB)
    CPU: Desire 1 Ghz > Incredible possibly 850 Mhz based on one report; could be equal
    720p: Desire (no support) < Incredible (supports)
    Looks: Desire looks like reported Bravo > Incredible has funky back cover, "interesting" color...(note: very subjective opinion here, but i think "Bravo/Desire" looks better)

I'll edit as we know more...

Advertisement
  2. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

3. Anonimac

Whoops, that was an obvious overlook (Sense)...i knew the incredible had it since i started the Incredible tread in the other sub-forum...fixed now, thanks!

The 720p recording comes from that T-Mobile roadmap that had it as the Bravo but kept referencing "Incredible" in the text.

4. Anonimac

Well, never mind, seems that this has been debunked already...no "Desire" for VZW.

5. foush

foush Active Member

6. Re4son

Re4son Well-Known Member

7. foush

foush Active Member

Great. They me excited over nothing!! VZW better get a cool phone like this ASAP!!!

8. kyler13

Don't hold your breath...unless you can hold it for 8 months.

9. foush

foush Active Member

8 months?? I thought that the Incredible or N1 was coming real soon. I know those are not 100% like this but I would take one of those as well. What did you mean by 8 mos???

10. kyler13

I meant for something like the Desire/Bravo. The Incredible is a disappointment, IMO, and this newly announced phone overshadows the Nexus One a little bit. At this point, between the Incredible and N1 on Verizon's network, I'm all about the N1 but I'm worried we'll have the same limited support from Google with Verizon being hands off. That's a bit of a turn off for me as I'd rather not have to deal with the potential HTC/Google headaches. I guess one limited option is better than the ZERO options I've had over the past two years.

11. foush

foush Active Member

That sounds better!! :eek: You had me scared. I just want a faster processor than on the Eris. I am not looking for HD video, etc. Just a fast processor running Andoird - hopefully 2.1 - with SenseUI. CAN'T WAIT!!!

12. Akshun

Akshun Active Member

I don't think the Desire will carry on as the Nexus One. Main reason being is that it has Sense. You want to brand your phone and sell it yourself as the true Android device...with a UI overlay that you don't make.

13. blackdognorth

blackdognorth Active Member

I have no real experience but it seems like adding Sense is really what the platform is about. You have a basic open-platform. And rely on developers to provide the extra level of UI and "oomph". Except there don't seem to be any CalTech or MIt students with thousands of hourse to space to bring a whole level of "cool" to the platform. Which is where HTC adds Sense to bring it all up to a higher and more consistent level. It's hard to understand why you'd want to avoid Sense- except that upgrades MIGHT come faster. (On the other hand, look at the promises and delays of the Droid update scenario- anything but speedy and efficient)

If that N1 hits Verizon, and with Google as the non-supporter they have been, I sure HOPE it has Sense overlay. HTC is the best thing out there for Android as far as I can see.

14. mallinj

mallinj Well-Known Member

Which 2.1 Android do you think will come first to VZW? I'm thinking the Nexus One because it is supposed to come "spring 2010" (according to Googlers) and no other phones were given ETAs. I hope spring 2010 means early spring but who knows with VZW.