• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC IncS Update to ICS via HTCDev Site

seider7

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
I am using an incredible s on Virgin Mobile Canada. I am being told that this device is not being updated to Android 4.0. Instead, HTC told me to go to htcdev[dot]com/devcenter/downloads to download the operating system. I have a couple questions;

1. What region do I use; TW, WWE, AU, TUR, SPA, HK CHT, CN CHS, etc. ?
2. What description number; 4.08.1400.5, 4.14.980.2, 4.10.708.1, etc. ?

And most importantly,

3. How do I do install the new operating system on my phone?

Would be a great help! Thanks! :D

I am using an incredible s on Virgin Mobile Canada. I am being told that this device is not being updated to Android 4.0. Instead, HTC told me to go to htcdev[dot]com/devcenter/downloads to download the operating system. I have a couple questions;

1. What region do I use; TW, WWE, AU, TUR, SPA, HK CHT, CN CHS, etc. ?
2. What description number; 4.08.1400.5, 4.14.980.2, 4.10.708.1, etc. ?

And most importantly,

3. How do I do install the new operating system on my phone?

Would be a great help! Thanks! :D

You were given some bad information. The HTCDEV.com site does not have the actual RUU updates available for downloading. The site you were directed to is for the kernel source code which is not wha you need.

Upvote 0
You were given some bad information. The HTCDEV.com site does not have the actual RUU updates available for downloading. The site you were directed to is for the kernel source code which is not wha you need.

The HTCDev site does indeed provide RUU updates for download as I have seen it myself. The issue is that they do not have the RUU for the Incredible S, only devices such as the Desire S, Rhyme, and EVO 4G+.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones