HTC Innovator on Engadget November 22

Last Updated:

1. karaberry

karaberry Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

That's some tasty news! Thanks for sharing! :)

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

They don't need to spend a dime marketing this phone, we're generating enough buzz for em, lol.

4. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

5. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

6. Spriter

Spriter Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what time the show will be put on their website or will it be streamed live?

Even a big hint would be at least something to ease me until December. :)

7. wonderbread

Sadly Engadget doesn't do live streaming video, only audio for their podcast. We'll have to wait for them to post the show on iTunes:

"but if you can't make it, don't worry. We're bringing the video back home to Engadget (and as a free download here, in the iTunes Store, or the Zune Marketplace) for your viewing pleasure."

Keep an eye on your rss feeds for live bloggers to break news i guess..

Update: You would think that among the tech heavy crowd at the engadget event, SOMEONE would be streaming it live from their.. um gadget. But no, I've search ustream, justin and qik and nothing.

8. wonderbread

9. Spriter

Doesn't sound like there was any news/hints for the HTC passion - not one site has posted anything new today. :(

10. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

I thought that this was going to be the offical tease we have all been waiting for. We don't even have anything from HTC that states this thing even exists. Black Friday...forget it.

I am going to try and not check these sites everyday (4 or 5 times a day) for updates for a week or so......wish me luck.

11. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

anyone have audio/video uploaded for this yet?

12. wonderbread

Finally,
    The Engadget Show - 003: Drew Bamford, Joystiq's Chris Grant, Adamo XPS, and lots of game demos -- Engadget

@20:10 HTC's Drew Bamford is directly asked about the Dragon/Passion. He does not address the question directly but does go on to say that HTC is committed to pushing the boundaries of Android in the same way it did with WinMo with the HD2. He also says, "you'll see android products with bigger screens and faster processors", which absent of a time frame is a bit of a given. The only thing I can infer at all from his reactions is that "Dragon" may not be the code name for any phone in development at HTC.

p.s. the owner of engadget (doing the interview) is such an irritating individual. I have all the big blogs in my rss reader except for engadget because their editorial style gets annoying and they are indisputably biased towards apple products and against competing products, imho.

13. Arngautr

Arngautr Member

Good catch. Agreed wrt engadget.

14. Spriter

Man that Engadget guy looks like he's trying to talk and act like Jim from The Office. :

15. boogen

boogen Member

By Bamford saying @21:30 "you guys are really ahead of the curve," could he mean a later release than we had all thought (later than mid-december), or was he being sarcastic? Thoughts?

16. wonderbread

I think he was being sarcastic, pointing out that he's never heard of a phone with that name and joking that it might be because engadget rumors about phones before the company has envisioned them.This segment is where I make the assumption that whatever new device is planned it's NOT called the "Dragon". Could still be the passion though. My prediction is that had the "Passion" been mentioned there instead of "Dragon" we would not have heard the same kind of response.

17. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member

hope thats not just wishful thinking (hope you're right).