HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

Last Updated:

1. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

so if you shut it off, will it turn itself back on to alarm you if you have your alarm set at a certain time? my blackberry would do that...

Advertisement

2. I don't know. You should try that when you don't need it and let us know
  3. Blanco720

yeah, i will. i don't have my phone in my office, so ill try it tonight. set it for like 5:05 and turn it off at 5:00. Ill let you know what happens.
  4. NOLAlove212

NOLAlove212 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome if the phone would do that, it would make it easier for me to turn it off most nights. I had a nokia a long time ago that did and it was pretty convenient.
  5. NOLAlove212

I'm about to try it with normal alarm settings and see what happens. It is 12:05 here and I have the alarm set for 12:10.
  6. Blanco720

Perfect, please update by 1215 lol
  7. This is cool. If this works that's great for me as well I can use it
  8. NOLAlove212

Nope, it's 12:11 and my phone is still off :(
  9. Blanco720

HTC! a rare fail!

10. Hmm someone should research for an app or something
  11. NOLAlove212

Well would putting the phone on airplane mode at night work? Kind of just a shot in the dark. That way the alarm would go off but no data is really coming to the phone.

12. Yea that might def work. I mean the screen would stay off give that a shot
  13. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

Here is my day usage. 85mb of data between wifi and 4g,wifi on always, bt on, screen at 20%, updating all the time, task killer running every 30 mins, 1hr of talk time, about 50 texts. Been unplugged for 6hrs and 7mins and at 30% battery.

The first day i had the phone i used it all till 15% battery, turned it off and charged it all night, that was 2 days ago. Used it normal yesterday and didnt pay any attention to battery, and plugged it in last night and charged from where it was. Also screen times out at 1min.

14. Cut it to 30 sec and watch that time.lengthen
  15. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

So you think thats not alot of time? I am not complaining one bit. But, i did just come from a dell streak so naything is more than that. I got what 6hrs, i know if i scaled it back on updates and turned the bt off i would get way more. But thats not how i use it. I use the living daylights out of this thing and love every min!

16. No I think that's good just saying it could be longer
  17. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member

Side by side comparison.

My phone:
    7 hours 16 minutes since last plugged in: Battery 38%
    Wi-fi:eek:ff
    Blue tooth: 0ff
    Screen 40%
    Data Synch: on
    Phone finder: on
    Wireless network GPS:eek:n
    Satellite GPS: on

Girl friends phone:
    1 day 1 hour 49minutes since last charge. Battery 33%
    Wi-fi: off
    Blue tooth: off
    Data-synch on
    Phone finder: on
    wireless network gps: on
    Satellite GPS: off

Even with the few extra things i had turned on there is no way to explain my battery being within 5% of hers when she had hers on 1 day 1 hour and 49minutes to my 7 hours 16 minutes.

If anyone has an explanation other than faulty batteries being distrubited with some phones....id like to hear it...

Anyone??? Anyone???
  18. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Well-Known Member

different usage??

I can get 2 days out of my EVO or 4 hours.
  19. stancrazy

The only phone calls i made to were to HER..and she was using THAT PHONE. I havent had time to even use the phone today....i was driving for 3 of the 7 hours and i have been with her for about 3 of the other 7 hours....I took a few pics at lowes with it but nothing that would make 17 hours difference on the battery life...

20. It's possible friend
  21. mbranscum

mbranscum Well-Known Member

Compare the battery usage graph in settings on each phone and see how they differ.
  22. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Well-Known Member

yes, time on for display, phone calls time, and time without a signal under cell standby for both would help a little.
  23. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Well-Known Member

Apps have a lot to do with battery consumption as well.
  24. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Got my inspire last night. Turned down the brightness, turned off GPS, some mixed wifi. Let the phone die last night. Charged it to 100%, unplugged at 7:30am. Installed juice defender and left it on default. Moderate to heavy use today. A couple hundred texts, about 5 emails, 30 minutes of voice calls, web browsing, app installs, youtube. It is now 12:50am the next day and I'm at 7% as I type this.

This battery is phenomenal from day 1! I am so happily surprised to see it blow my HTC Hero from Sprint and my iPhone 3GS battery out of the water.
  25. stancrazy

Unfortunately i had to reboot my phone so the charts got re-set.

Ill do another test tomorrow night...