• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire Battery Experiences...

i'm at 63% after coming off the charger at 7:30am central time. low use. wifi off, brightness lower middle, no haptic, blackish background, no gps, no social media at all. exchange email set to sync every 3 hours i think.

btw, download the battery widget from htc. i have it on my homescreen and it gives the percentage.

Upvote 0
Mine came off charger at 9:30 a and i was off today so i was using it off and on all day..when i got home at around 8:30ish i was down to around 10% battery..... I am more of a power user than i thought but then again, i was ALEADY planning on getting some kind of a portable pocket battery.

Edit: making calls with speaker phone on sucks it down pretty fast. As does extreme web surfing and news push widgiting..lol

Upvote 0
First, let me say that I love this phone. I've had plenty of experience with both HTC and Android and this certainly is the best. I can't say I am as thrilled with battery life as everyone else that has posted though. I have plenty of experience with other handsets and I have a feeling that many, if not all, that are very happy are Android users. While this is better (the EVO for example) it doesnt compare to what I was getting from my iPhone 4.

It's early and I'm not writing this subject off as a "con" yet. The Inspire is still a great phone and I'm quite pleased with it otherwise.

Upvote 0
First, let me say that I love this phone. I've had plenty of experience with both HTC and Android and this certainly is the best. I can't say I am as thrilled with battery life as everyone else that has posted though. I have plenty of experience with other handsets and I have a feeling that many, if not all, that are very happy are Android users. While this is better (the EVO for example) it doesnt compare to what I was getting from my iPhone 4.

It's early and I'm not writing this subject off as a "con" yet. The Inspire is still a great phone and I'm quite pleased with it otherwise.

The only reason the iphone4 battery last so long is because multitasking wasnt real. Once the app isnt being used or the screen goes off all data gets cut and apps go into a saved memory state. Unlike Android were the apps can and most do connect to data and run in the background full multitasking. This is the trade off you make when you go from a closed semi functional eco system to a full functional open one.

Upvote 0
The only reason the iphone4 battery last so long is because multitasking wasnt real. Once the app isnt being used or the screen goes off all data gets cut and apps go into a saved memory state. Unlike Android were the apps can and most do connect to data and run in the background full multitasking. This is the trade off you make when you go from a closed semi functional eco system to a full functional open one.

Understandable but with the exception of widgets, which I have either reduced or eliminated frequency, background running is useless to me. As far as picking up right where you left off, iOS is on par with Android and it is this "multitasking" that I want.

Upvote 0

That's not entirely true. Depends on the app being used. Two that come to mind would be MotionX which is a GPS program that runs in the background and another program I use for walking that measures distance and mapping. It just depends on the program being used.

Upvote 0
That's not entirely true. Depends on the app being used. Two that come to mind would be MotionX which is a GPS program that runs in the background and another program I use for walking that measures distance and mapping. It just depends on the program being used.

Actually only apples apps do not go into a saved state all others save and recalculate

Upvote 0
Actually only apples apps do not go into a saved state all others save and recalculate

Not to beat a dead horse but this is incorrect. I do not have experience with the previously mentioned apps but in addition to those ones like Trapster also continue to run and do not save and recalculate as you said. I am 100% positive of this.

Upvote 0

I took one of of the 7 home screens and loaded it about half way full of power management widgets so that i have control over 80% of the phones functions (including data synching) at the touch of a button...its a micro-management option but i am thinking it will add another %25 or more to my battery life by managing whats on and whats not throughout the day.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
you must be riding it hard LOL

Not terribly.

sent/received about 100 sms
received about 10 emails.
Surfed web a bit.
played angry birds for 5 minutes
twitter downloaded about 100 tweets
A little facebook too.

When I had a mytouch4G, the battery was awful the first few days then got dramatically better, so I'll try it out for a week and see how it goes.

Edit, counted the tweets, 135, I was close

Upvote 0
I'm actually the complete opposite here, I think the battery so far is awful. Took it off the charger at 8:00am, and it's 11:50 now and I'm down to 46% already.

Will give this a few days, but at this point I'll have to charge it by 1:30-2:00, and that's not acceptable at all.

My experience: the bright screen is a HUGE killer of the battery. In the two times that I ran out of juice so far the battery use report listed the screen used 80% of the charge! I have since turned off "Auto Brightness" and set it to 15% brightness. So far this morning, my battery performance is MUCH better.

Lower your brightness! :cool:

Reactions: damanek
Upvote 0
My experience: the bright screen is a HUGE killer of the battery. In the two times that I ran out of juice so far the battery use report listed the screen used 80% of the charge! I have since turned off "Auto Brightness" and set it to 15% brightness. So far this morning, my battery performance is MUCH better.

Lower your brightness! :cool:

My screen is currently at 67% of the battery.

I just opened twitter and counted the tweets from today so far, and in that period, which was about 2 minutes, the battery dropped to 42%. That's a 4% loss in under 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
Not terribly.

Surfed web a bit.
A little facebook too.

When I had a mytouch4G, the battery was awful the first few days then got dramatically better, so I'll try it out for a week and see how it goes.

keep us updated still sounds on the low side

Upvote 0
Not terribly.

Surfed web a bit.
A little facebook too.

Wow, dude your not gonna get sh1t out of your phone, or any phone for that matter. That, in my opinion, is extremely heavy use.

100 SMS texts? (holy hell)

135 downloaded tweets

Angry birds

and then regular stuff like facebook, internet, etc.. And thats all in less than 3 hours?! Damn

Upvote 0
Wow, dude your not gonna get sh1t out of your phone, or any phone for that matter. That, in my opinion, is extremely heavy use.

100 SMS texts? (holy hell)

135 downloaded tweets

Angry birds

and then regular stuff like facebook, internet, etc.. And thats all in less than 3 hours?! Damn

The only difference between this usage and my iphone usage is that twitter didn't automatically download tweets, it needed to be open and refreshed, which I did periodically. Now I have twitter set to poll for new tweets every 15 minutes. With the iphone, I had twitter forward tweets via sms, but I turned that off cause it isn't needed anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones