HTC Inspire or Samsung Vibrant?

Last Updated: 2011-12-10 14:43:56
  1. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I signed up a few weeks ago here because I want to get into the android world. I live in Honduras, so none of the companies here offer a good android phone. I am planning on buying one via ebay next month, I am saving the money and I almost got $400. After reading a lot i came up with the idea of buying an Inspire. I love the specs, the Sense videos I

Advertisement
  2. aarnoldupenn

aarnoldupenn Member

The vibrant sucks, I had it since launch. The only pros is its light and easy to root and mod.

I just got the inspire yesterday and I love it, never lags or freezes. Swype beta isnt as good as Vibrant Swype.
  3. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

I would choose HTC over Samsung any day of the week if the specs are close to each other. HTC just makes more stable phones. Samsung makes beautiful screens, but their phones are buggy. I have the Galaxy S variant for Sprint, and I'm sick of it.
  4. BlueFenix24

BlueFenix24 New Member

I am in the same issue, by the way iam from Honduras too :) and i share you opinion, anyway in a couple of week i will buy another android phone, soo can you tell me your experience if you buy either Inspire 4G o Vibrant?
    Regards, Y gracias de antemano alero :D
  5. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Hey man! I'll rather say it in english so everyone understands.

I finally got the inspire in August from Amazon, used like new. It was unlocked so I had no problem using it with our frequencies (850Mhz for Tigo and 1900Mhz for Claro). The phone is great, simply great. HTC's build is the best. I've compared it with a Samsung Galaxy S and an Xperia X10 and they both feel like cheap plastic for me after having a heavy Inspire.

The only issue I have is with the signal reception. In the cities it works great but a few weeks ago I went to the beach (Omoa) and all my friends had great signal reception except for me. I could receive phone calls and SMS, but my internet was not working at all. There's some other places outside the city that my signal reception isn't good, and i've noticed its not because of the service provider (Tigo in my case), its because of the phone.

Anyways, it hasn't been a big deal for me, I don't get to travel a lot. I dropped it once and nothing happened at all. If you finally get one, I could sell you case defender, I bought three on amazon and there's one I barely use. You wont find any accesories for this phone in here.

BTW, I forgot to mention. I found that the Vibrant doesn't support the 3G networks in Honduras.