HTC Inspire

1. nicholegusha20

nicholegusha20 New Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the HTC Inspire when it automatically turns off on its own. I have had this problem twice in 3 weeks and I can't seem to fix this problem. I need help and anywhere I turn to no when can seem to help me. Please help me anyone.

Advertisement
  2. gnosisjunky

gnosisjunky Well-Known Member

This is one of those things that you kind of have to use the process of elimination to figure out. It is either a software problem or a hardware problem. You can single this out by doing a factory reset on your phone. This will put the phone back to its factory fresh state and will often solve a software related issue. If the problem continues after this then it's time to look at other more in-depth solutions. If this problem started suddenly and never really happened before a few weeks ago there is a strong possibility that a recently downloaded app is causing it. In this case the factory reset will address that problem but will not tell you which app it was causing it.

The more research you do the more power you have over what your phone is going to do for you.

Is your phone using 2.2 froyo or 2.3 Gingerbread?
  3. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem when I was on 2.2, but never had the issue with 2.3.
  4. Saltine713

Saltine713 Well-Known Member

My phone came with GB on it, never had it do it to me.
  5. ebritt

ebritt Active Member

Could it be shutting down due to low battery? Mine is set to do that at 10% or something like that.
  6. guitarbanjo

guitarbanjo New Member

Here is how I fixed mine. I was keeping it in my pocket. It worked great for 11 months, then began turning off by itself, and I had to pull the battery to get it to turn back on. I did the hard reset, but it didn't help. So I got a new phone, different type, but didn't like it as well. So I began experimenting. What finally worked was I bought a belt clip for it, so now it isn't in my pocket, no pressure on the screen, and it works great. Worth a try!