htc is just lazy

Last Updated:

1. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Mm yeah that sounds like is truth but it does say that you won't be able to use hdmi output so I guess HTC have a point on the

"Important note for HDMI users

It is very likely that this fps fix will disable the use of the HDMI output on your EVO while you use this kernel. Personally I (and many MANY others I'm sure) feel that this is an acceptable tradeoff, particularly since most users will likely never use this feature."

3. jgalan14

Mm yeah that sounds like is truth but it does say that you won't be able to use hdmi output so I guess HTC have a point on the subject

"Important note for HDMI users

It is very likely that this fps fix will disable the use of the HDMI output on your EVO while you use this kernel. Personally I (and many MANY others I'm sure) feel that this is an acceptable tradeoff, particularly since most users will likely never use this feature."

4. 84guy

that was for the older version. 3.7 fixes the use of the hdmi. scroll down to the notes for version 3.7

5. jgalan14

Mm ok sorry I didn't read the full article I'm on my evo browser lol so yeah I still like this phone a lot tho

6. 84guy

i know it rocks. i love this phone too. would be nice if htc just did a switch even for if you are using the hdmi to cap it at 30 fps then up it to 60 fps when not using hdmi. i really dont want to root

7. jgalan14

Yeah me neitheir I root my moment a lot times but I don't want to do it to this phone at all lol I think is the beat phone I had after my BB touch and iphone( when i got them for the first time )

8. patch321

patch321 Well-Known Member

lazy? i think they may have realized the battery life they were looking at would already be bad for alot of users and played it safe. It's amazing to me the amount of people complaining about battery life AND pushing the phone further and further performance-wise.
    Gonna be really hard to have both, people.

zombdroid likes this.
  9. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

^this

I ran the 55fps Kernel on my Epson screen and it had bad tearing, enough that i'd rather stick to 30fps.

jgalan14 likes this.
  10. jgalan14

Thanks for the info thats probably why my friend incredible battery don't last too long