HTC just told me no official plans for a car dock.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. blozout

blozout Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got off the phone with HTC customer care asking about the car dock and the agent told me there are no plans as of now. He said that he knows about the Best Buy "leak" with the car dock listed as "end of July" but that it was just a rumor and there is nothing in the works as of now that he knows of.

What a crock this is. The lack of accessories for the EVO is embarrassing.

Advertisement
  2. DroidATX

DroidATX Member

Man! I hope this is not true. I did contact ProClips USA about their car dock for the EVO. This is what they told me.

"This Holder is expected to be in stock within the next four weeks and will be posted on the web soon. You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the Holder has been received at our warehouse and is ready for online ordering.

Our holders won’t have the magnet that will activate the navigation system. We used it on the Motorola Droid holders, but most customers are preferring the non-magnet. So they can choose what to do with their phones while in our holder

The HTC EVO does not fit in the holders for the HTC HD2. The width is the same but the HTC EVO is slightly thicker which doesn’t allow the device to slide in. Also the charging port and HDMI ports on the HTC EVO don’t line up with the HTC HD2 holders.

3. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

when was this? four weeks ago, i hope.

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I hope HTCs not doing anything but focusing on Froyo release, Gingerbread release, and making new phones. They just have to release phone specs to peripheral makers to get the makers to produce them.

I wish HTC would just pick some strategic partners to do accessories. I don't want a huge selection, just enough to get everything I want and to be able to get replacements if I need them. This has never been HTC's strength so I don't want them standing in the way or being a provider anyway.

5. Foppa

Foppa Member

6. Foppa

Foppa Member

7. New Jersey

New Jersey Well-Known Member

i just bought a couple of em