HTC Legend - calls going straight to voicemail (UK)Support

Last Updated:

1. jdsalbion

jdsalbion New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone.

I've read the other threads relating to this issue but none seem to have a solution for me.

Got an HTC Legend at the weekend and absolutely love it except for this one issue. Sometimes calls go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing and without showing up anywhere in the call register.

As far as I can tell, it's only when I'm doing something else with the phone which uses a connection (internet etc) that this happens.

I've checked all the settings and have done a factory reset.....still the same problem.

I'm on O2 in the UK by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. dsb18

dsb18 Member

Glad someone else noticed I have had it happen about 3 times, I will get a message saying I have voicemail and the phone has been infront of me all the time, I think like you it is when the phone is doing other things.

3. dsb18

dsb18 Member

by the way I am on Orange

4. kennyk11

kennyk11 Member

..same here.. happens to me quite often also.. could be possible that it happens when the phone is auto syncing.. just a thought.. if that is the case thats not good at all!

5. OObatz

OObatz Member

I had a problem a couple of weeks ago, when the phone was on my desk and only on my desk did the phone keep going straight to answerphone, if I moved it a couple of feet away it would ring :confused:

The other thing I noticed is the o2 3g signal was constantly buzzing as if it was trying to connect, this also drained the battery really fast, however the last few days I've been getting at least 36 hours with normal use from one charge.

I believe there are a few issues with this phone possibly depending on the particular network you are on and the version you are currently running (maybe Froyo will help?), but for me it's easily the best phone I've ever owned.

6. tom.a.wrobel

tom.a.wrobel Member

I think you need to set the voicemal setting on your account, or check in call settings on phone to select what happens to calls.

Dial 121 and amend with network

________

Jane Wrobel | Skye Studios

7. ozzy78

ozzy78 Member

This happens when your APN is on & connecting to the mobile data network. Install an app like Quick Settings so you can easily disable the APN when not needed & you won't have the problem any more.

8. jdsalbion

jdsalbion New Member This Topic's Starter

Apparently this is all down to whether or not you have a 3g connection. If not and you are using internet or another app that uses a connection then it will be using the 2g one and therefore calls can't get through. I've tested this in places where I do and don't have 3g and it seems to be the case.

So basically we just need the networks to pull their fingers out and get decent 3g coverage everywhere and the problem will be solved.