HTC Legend Email App issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Land_Shark

Land_Shark Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 4, 2010
    Hi all, just found these forums and glad I did; seems to be lots of great peeps here and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I just picked up one of these units, on the Virgin Mobile network, and so far am loving it. But I have an issue with the email app where a pop3 or imap account can receive incoming emails on either my mobile data plan or on my wifi connection, but will only send outgoing on wifi. I've tried contacting Virgin tech support and will apparently get a call-back within five days. I told them that if I had that level of customer service I'd be out of business.
    Anyway, I'm kind of at a loss as I can't afford to just be able to send out via a wifi connection. I can send/receive Gmail at anytime whether on mobile data or on wifi. If I send a message out from the pop3 or imap account via smtp settings that I know to be correct, while I'm connected only to the data plan, I get a notification 'Unable to send mail', expands to say 'The account setting is incorrect'. However, if I then enable wifi, at any point after receiving this error whether minutes, hours or days, that same email gets sent out right away as soon as the wifi connection is established.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    It sounds like Virgin is blocking your ISP or perhaps just the port. Perhaps try an alternate SMTP port, such as 587.

You also might want to try the K9 email client.

You could also go to and set up gmail to check your external account.