HTC Legend restartsSupport

Last Updated:

1. c0nde

c0nde Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've noticed that lately my Legend restarts by it self in some specific situations, more often when I enter a place with no phone network. I'm going to give an example:

I enter the elevator, which has no phone network. The legend shows the network icon with the cross. I exit the elevator...5 minutes have passed and Legend still wasn't able to recapture the network signal. I have to select manually a network to connect to. After this... any operation I try to do like send an SMS or try to make a call, the phone just restarts.

This is the most common, but there are other situations where the phone restarts and all of them involve me using it. I'm absolutely sure that the phone does not restarts in standby mode.

Maybe a hard reset would fix this, but I would like to now if anybody has this issue, and if there's other option than factory reset.

I have all updates installed, some apps installed about 49.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dryspuri

dryspuri Active Member

i think this is because of app or faulty sdcard.

u have to do factory reset. install apps try to use them for a day or two & then u can diagnose. u can use card reader & attach card to pc & check it for errors.

if nothing works u have to return it to service centre.

3. king chillout

king chillout Active Member

I have noticed something similar on mine and my wifes Legends.

This has only happened once on each phone so far, and hasn't done it since. The normal phone signal is lost at some point and then the phone fails to find any signal at all until I changed the netwok setting to GSM only and then changed them back to GSM/WCDMA auto.

After that the signal was better than it had been in the whole week we have owned them and they have been fine since.

4. c0nde

I made a hard reset, and the problem persisted. It even got worse, every SMS I sent, the phone restarted.

I tried to switch SIM cards. I'm now using a different SIM... an hour has passed and no restarts even when trying to trigger the events that caused the restart.

My hint is that the SIM card is defective and Android is not robust enough to handle defective cards, causing it to crash/restart.

When I get off work I'll go to my operator store and get the SIM card cloned into a new one to see if it solves the problem.

5. c0nde

Got a new SIM card, and its working better than ever. So this problem is apparently solved :)

6. fgarola

fgarola New Member

Ihave the same problem in my 2.2 legend. reboots and no signal for a while.
    I recently thought that it was because i have a GSM only contract and the phone was in GSM/WCDMA auto. I switched it to GSM only and it's working now.
    Hope it was only that...