1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC Legend Speaker IssueSupport

1. bwit55555

bwit55555 New Member

Just purchased the Legend and there appears to be an issue with the speaker. I want to identify if it is just my phone or if other users are experiencing this problem.

The speaker on the phone is producing static whenever audio is being played. It can be heard clearly when doing the following:

• Click on the volume button on the side (either up or down) and place the phone to your ear.
    • Open the phone application, click on a number and place the phone to your ear.
    The static lasts for 5 or 6 seconds and then dies off. Would appreciate if anybody with the phone coud check this out as I'm unsure if a return is required.

Advertisement
    :
  2. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

I have the same 'problem' (I hadn't noticed - it's very quiet - and I don't suppose it's that big of an issue). What's really weird though is that it happens when it's on silent too...
  3. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

crackling sounds like you've got a bad connection somewhere...

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
  4. GeoffBot

Both of us? Doubt it. It's very, very quiet static, like the speaker is just being 'on'. And for only 5 seconds. And it happens when it's on silent...
  5. Bootsock

Bootsock Well-Known Member

Well let's just say that mine doesn't crackle, ever, at all, nor does the Desire. So if yours does I'd say you possibly have an issue.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
  6. GeoffBot

As above it's not a crackle - it's a very, very quiet static like the speaker is just on, but anyway.