HTC Legend VodafoneUK simlock trouble

Last Updated:

1. Mr. Thomas

Mr. Thomas New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

Avid user of this forum, first time poster.

Been looking for a thread on this for over 2 months now and haven't found one.

I've had the HTC Legend for around 3 months, bought it from a personal seller on eBay, who also provided me with a NUC (Network unlock code). It came branded and I assumed "simlocked".

When I entered my o2 PAYG Simplicity sim, I could send texts and make calls no problem, however my problem is getting mobile internet and receiving MMS.

I have manually entered the APN settings etc. and still had no luck with receiving and sending MMS or gaining access to my mobile internet.

Is there a way to access the settings to enter the Network Unlock Code? (I have tried other sims, contract and PAYG) or am I being completely dense and it isn't simlocked and there's something else wrong...?

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd give all the details so you all know what a predicament I'm in!

Thanks a bunch!

Mr. Thomas

Advertisement
  2. OObatz

OObatz Member

The phone must be unlocked as you were able to use an o2 sim, if you need the settings try these..or call o2

For Data
    APN: mobile(or possibly wap).o2.co.uk
    username: vertigo
    password: password

For mms
    apn: wap: o2.co.uk
    username: vertigo
    password: password
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    mms proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080

3. Mr. Thomas

Mr. Thomas New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply

I have tried all different kinds of settings for the APNs that I have been given from forums and phone calls including o2 and other HTC Legend forums but none of them work, hense why I thought I'd put up a post!

Any other idea's as to what may be the problem?

4. OObatz

OObatz Member

Maybe a hard reset would help? Then try the official settings from o2.