HTC Lock Screen apk!!!

Last Updated:

1. Magitronic

Magitronic Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I've been looking into the problem of HTC Sense lockscreen for a while, the best solution I found yet was No Lock. I'd much rather enjoy the lockscreen from Motorola Droids where they slide to unlock/silent mode.

Previously, I've tried to uninstall HTC Lockscreen from Manage Applications, and Quick System Info (eg. any other app manager). Operation not successful.

So I opened ES File manager and went to /system/app/ and found HtcLockScreen.apk . But I can't rename, delete, move, uninstall it from here either.

NOWW,
    I was wondering if anyone else had located this HtcLockScreen.apk or any other LockScreen.apk , and if they could upload it so I could try to install that apk over my sense lockscreen. That would be epic.

Htc Hero GSM
    BeHero+ v1.2
    Eclair 2.1

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

May I suggest you take a look at Widget Locker, available in the Market? Not only will it allow replacing the Sense lock bar with the Eclair (or other) variants, it's extremely customisable and as the name suggests lets you use widgets on the lock screen. It's a pretty cool app, and the developer is an active member here on AF too.

3. Magitronic

Magitronic Member This Topic's Starter

I see that lockscreen.apk and .odex are to be edited through adb, im too noob to do this right now.

I did try WidgetLocker as you recommended but the problem I get with this is that:
    -lag on home key, when you press home button, it takes like 0.5 seconds more to respond
    -the sense lockscreen loads up first, then after 0.5 seconds widgetlocker lockscreen loads up
    -when I disable the sense lockscreen, i go directly to my main screen, then widgetlocker loads up

is anyone experiencing their sense lockscreen loading up before widgetlocker? I don't think sense lockscreen shouldn't even load