HTC Lock Screen on Droid?

Last Updated:

1. lumpy211

lumpy211 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I've already posted this on Android Central but haven't gotten any useful responses yet, so I though I'd try it here too! :)

Is there any way to get the HTC Sense lock screen on the Motorola Droid? I tried searching the forum but unfortunately found lots of posts where people want to get rid of the Sense lock screen in favor of the stock one, the exact opposite of what I want to do! Preferably I'm looking for a way without installing a new ROM, but I may be open to it if it's the only option available since I have rooted my phone.

I've tried PandaHome's Hero screen, but that's awful because pressing any key exits the lock screen (not much of a lock screen, is it?). LockBot Pro doesn't show charging status, SMS alerts, or music controls, which I believe the HTC lock screen has all of those - please correct me if I'm wrong. I've found from searching that there's a file on Sense powered phones called htclockscreen.apk - can I just install that if I can find it or is there more to it?

I can't be the first person to have ever asked this question, because HTC has a nice lock screen that makes this Droid user envious. Thanks for your help, and sorry if this has been asked lots before! :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Eristotle

Eristotle Well-Known Member

htc apk's won't load on non htc phones. The OS needs the integrated Sense UI to work with htc apk's. Check that...the only one I know of that has been tweaked to work is the htc keyboard for the droid thats been around a while now.

You can flash to the only HTC/Sense UI rom for the droid here:

http://forums.zeusdroid.org/viewforum.php?f=3

But as you can see by the dates of postings and lack of activity the project seems all but dead. Most the devs are back heavily involved in alldroid.org and the kernel dev currently has his hands full with rooting the Incredible. Its a cool alpha to run...with the full Sense UI (including the lockscreen) but its not quite ready for primetime...and probably never will be.

3. SurgiclPrcision

SurgiclPrcision Member

I was wondering the same thing. I found LockBot Free which lets you have a lock screen that looks like iphone eclair flan xperia or HERO!!

Yea it works well, is pretty customizable, and looks just like the sense lock screen. You can select your own background or make it have different backgrounds each time if you point it to a specific folder.

The pro version lets you download themes and use them, but changing backgrounds is good enough for me. you can't edit the eclair or xperia style lock screens in the free version either.

I'm surprised at how accustomed I had become to using the silence feature on the stock lockscreen so I'm not sure I'm gonna make the switch.

Hope that helps.

4. lumpy211

lumpy211 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply! I've read a bit about the Sense ROM for Droid, but as you pointed out, most of the posts about it seemed to end around late March so I sort of figured that was a dead/dying project. I remember reading (somewhere, though I can't remember where) that they were planning on redoing the whole project with the Incredible ROM with the hope that it'll work better with Verizon's network - do you know if there is any truth to that?

@SurgiclPrcision: LockBot is so close to what I'm looking for! It emulates the look of the Sense lock screen very nicely. If it at least indicated charging status I'd probably use it over the regular log screen, but sadly it doesn't even do that :( The music controls/SMS updates would be nice but are not necessary for me.

Thanks again for both of your replies!

5. dmil

dmil Member

Can't figure out how to delete post.