htc lock screen..

1. BAMARTIN03

BAMARTIN03 Well-Known Member

so i finally rooted (been waiting for the gb ota) and froze my useless apps, bloatware and htc sense. i was wondering would freezing the htc lock screen app be a good idea? i also want to know if I can get the crt affect that i see on only gb devices. i assume that the lock screen is whats causing that affect to not work.... or i could be way wrong :p either way i want that affect and dont care for htc's junk

Advertisement
    :
  2. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

deleting the htc lock screen will not get you the animation. Best advice is to load a ROM that has that feature built in.
  3. BAMARTIN03

The main reason why I decided to root is because I didn't have to wipe all my data. I went through that crap with my ally. I'm not going to sit here and sift through different roms to find one that works close enough to ok for an affect. if no one can point me towards the right parts so I can manually add it then I guess I don't need it.
  4. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

To add it to your current setup is a little involved. It requires you to decompile framework-res and edit an xml file.
    McLabia likes this.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Then you would need to push it back to the phone via ADB.

Roms would be much easier for you to do. And you can backup all your data so it isn't like you lose everything by flashing a rom.
    McLabia likes this.
  6. xeno2011

xeno2011 Well-Known Member

If you do decide to try a custom ROM, then try Infected ROM Eternity Sense 3.5 by Synergy. It has the CRT animation, and I think you will be pleased with the upgrades that Sense 3.5 offers in comparison to 2.1.

http://androidforums.com/thunderbol...ernity-nightlys-sense-3-5-xe-beats-audio.html
  7. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Tell me if using Screen off and Lock works for you. You can set it to have it's own power off and power on animations. ;)
    BAMARTIN03 likes this.
  8. BAMARTIN03

Not quite what I want but it'll work just fine thanks for the app