• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M8 accessories (discussion, reviews) -Read first post for review links!

SolApathy

Just another robot
Jun 1, 2010
Ohio
www.billspcrepair.net
Discussion regarding new accessories for the M8. If you write up a review like the one below and post it in a separate thread PM me and I will gladly add it to this post for quick reference!

-Thanks!

Personal reviews from our members:

Great write up on the UAG Cases here:)
http://androidforums.com/htc-one-m8/842439-review-uag-cases-htc-one-m8-cases-w-lots-pics.html

Casemate Tough Naked review

Professional reviews

Evleaks Shows Off HTC One 2014 (M8) Case With Integrated See-Through Display, Also Says A Google Play Edition Is Coming [Updated]

HTC Dot View case review

Spigen M8 SLim Armor review

General Accessory reviews by Twister6 (You should check this out)

TWISTER6 General accessory reviews for everything under the sun!

Reactions: KOLIO and Mikestony
Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0
I have had my M& naked its entire life and have yet to drop it (since launch day) Not sure if I want to get one for the M8, but it is pretty slippery... So many cases are popping up now it's hard to decide.

My M8 has been naked since I received it on Friday. My case arrives tomorrow via DHL from the UK. I tried a case on my M7 that protected primarily the backside and corners. Two drops into my couch later and some scuffs I decided any future cases must protect the top and bottom of the phone.

I got a naked tough case so I can use the IR blaster along the top edge.

Upvote 0
The dot view seems pretty cool but I was saddened to hear that when you use it, the entire display is lit up underneath it. I was under the impression that a small section of the display was turned on ie. to save battery life but it wasn't the case. After that it doesn't seem quite as amazing because it's display the same info you could get from the lock screen.

Upvote 0
The dot view seems pretty coolI was saddened to hear that when you use it, the entire display is lit up underneath it. I was under the impression that a small section of the display was turned on ie. to save battery life but it wasn't the case. After that it doesn't seem quite as amazing because it's display the same info you could get from the lock screen.

Yes the whole "display" is lit but most is kept black to conserve battery..

Upvote 0
I have had my M7 naked its entire life and have yet to drop it (since launch day) Not sure if I want to get one for the M8, but it is pretty slippery... So many cases are popping up now it's hard to decide.

I found this helped give the M7 a bit more grip,w/o detracting from the overall look/feel-in-hand:

HTC One M8 Screen Protector

You'll find the transparent body skin is easy to install, as the curved surface actually aids in ease of application.

Also, GOOGLE search for discount codes. XTREME GUARD ALWAYS has at least one active.
If one cannot be found via GOOGLE search, there's usually one listed @ the top of their home page.

EDIT: As of 4/3/14,the code LUCKY85 will net you 85% off all orders.

Reactions: sikclown
Upvote 0
I have ordered a spigen ultra clear case as I want the good looks of the phone to be seen. The dot case to me looks quite toy like and ugly when compared to the phone.

I purchased a case mate naked tough case that's clear. If you are trying to show off the phone with a slim, but nice case I recommend itskins. My clear case does not do the M8 justice. No clear case will.

Upvote 0
My spigen case was delivered today and it is excellent. Completely clear. My fear was it would be hard brittle plastic but it is flexible rubbery or silicon and looks great. All cut outs line up perfectly and the buttons still press easily. It feels as though it will offer some decent protection. My preference would be no case but phone is pretty slippy, this gives great grip. I did consider a clear coat skin but would still have wanted to put a case on for protection. I also got a spigen oleophobic screen protector and it is excellent quality as well so feel a lot more secure about phone now.

I took a few pictures last night and found that there was a glare or haze at the top of every picture that was not there if I took the same picture without the case. I did a quick google search for glare on picture from flash with case and found quite a few postings that suggested several different cases could cause this. I could see the flash lighting up the whole case when it went off so could understand it possibly affecting the picture. I simply took a black felt pen and coloured in the edge of the cut out for the flash and the lens opening and the problem disappeared. The coloured in part does not show up on the case so does not detract in any way from the case.
The case felt and looked great on night out so I would still have no hesitation in recommending it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones