• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M9 Camera Discussion-Show off your pictures!

I see a few issues- the photo isn't the same. The TV in the upper right corner would definitely impact the way the camera adjusts to the lighting. Add to that it looks like you have some additional lighting in the background that is blowing the image way out. I will upload some more pics in a bit.

Were you trying to focus on any points, or just a point and shoot because both images look extremely blurry. Also Tapatalk does some serious image compression and knocks down the size of the pic to a point where you really can't examine the detail of the original photo.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
...Few more pics Some at sunset with clouds (you can see the parking lot light coming on) and in my PC case...

Light source in back and also to the right reflecting off the ground
IMAG1962.jpg

Light source above buildings
IMAG1951.jpg

Tricky lighting inside case- Used flash.
IMAG1971.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a couple more from the aquarium:

3AgiFOal.jpg

v8UfjlZl.jpg

I'll be the 1st to admit,nothing here is Pulitzer material, (no fault of the subject matter,that falls on yours truly).
Everything is in Auto,w/a tap on the focal point.That's it,nothing fancy,novice at work here. :paperbagdroid: :D
I did happen upon a retired local network affiliate studio camera man while at the aquarium.
He was very personable,apologizing (needlessly) for stepping in while taking pix.
After we went our separate ways,it dawned on me that would have been an excellent opportunity to see what this camera is capable of.......
Talk about a missed opportunity,oh well,w/any luck,he has a membership @ the aquarium...........................

Upvote 0
I thought I saw "Somewhere" a detailed list of camera setting adjustments that once made would really improve the overall camera performance and make pictures consistently turn out pretty good from the M9 ... Problem is - I don't remember where I saw that information :(

Anyone have that link and could Please to share here ???

* Also not sure if that was before or after the software update - guessing most of the settings would still have benefit either way ???

Thanks - Tim

Upvote 0
I thought I saw "Somewhere" a detailed list of camera setting adjustments that once made would really improve the overall camera performance and make pictures consistently turn out pretty good from the M9 ... Problem is - I don't remember where I saw that information :(

Anyone have that link and could Please to share here ???

* Also not sure if that was before or after the software update - guessing most of the settings would still have benefit either way ???

Thanks - Tim
I believe this is the info you require. : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62416291&postcount=1990

Regards

Upvote 0
Thanks JD -
"There is no real guide as the latest 2.x base took the M9 camera to great improvements

its very simple:

- Cap ISO to 400 in auto mode
- Reduce sharpness to -0.5 or -1 in auto mode
- Switch to 10:7 ratio
- ALWAYS use auto focus in day light and NEVER use manual focus with your touch, if the focus fails, lower the phone then raise it back up for auto focus, this is the way to get the gorgeous color/exposure balance you see in the latest photos which HTC calls "smart metering", this is the most important tip in the list
- only in n low light you can use manual focus targeting if your subject is dark
- keep in HDR in mind all the time, its killer in both low light and back-lit targets, always rely on auto focus when using HDR as well
- in one specific case of HDR you need to lock focus and that if you are taking a photo of interior with a corner light in view, zoom into the corner light and hold to lock focus into it, zoom back and take your shot
- remember to use flashlight and HDR in darkness, otherwise you will need to resort to manual mode
- digital zoom is pretty good on the M9 when you need to see something in the distance (two fingers pinch) but only use it for practical reasons, dont expect image quality from it..."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones