HTC Magic and Mac OS X TigerSupport

Last Updated:

1. ZEUS

ZEUS Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Not sure where to begin here, I've got a new HTC Magic unlocked on Android 1.5, and my personal computer is an old G4 Mac running with a PPC CPU on Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11. Now I wanted the Magic for things other than push email, google talk, etc. I'm needing to do a lot of things with my phone to customize it, and it doesn't seem I can do pretty a damn thing! :eek:

1. How can I upgrade my phone's OS without an internet subscription on the phone itself? Could I use WiFi in my home instead to sort this out if there is no other way?

2. I want to transfer my phone book with contacts from my old Sony Ericsson c905. I can compile all the contacts into one consolidated .vcf file. Thing is, will Android recognize this?

3. For me to be able to transfer this .vcf file, bluetooth transfers have to be allowed between paired phones/computers! Android 1.5 doesn't support this! :rolleyes: I don't only want to transfer my contacts, but also music and ringtones, my phone is incredibly bare for the time being...

Please can someone help me out? :confused:

Advertisement