HTC Magic, Donut and batery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. gfxfr

gfxfr Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I want to know if some of you have see a change in their battery life since donut arrived on your Magic?

I felt from ~3 day up between two charges (and i charges since when level came around 15%-20%) with cupcake, to less than 2 day (from 100 to 0 :/) with donut.

This with same apps, same use pattern than before. And when a night consume only 2-3% max before, it "eat" 10-12% now.

I'm i the only one to experience this? Can anyone help me to find what goes wrong (defective apps with donut? 1.6 bug?)?

Thx.

Advertisement
  2. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

Have you tried checking the market to make sure you have all the latest versions of your apps? Some older versions of your apps may be having problems with Donut and be using more resources trying to figure themselves out.

Personally I find Battery levels the same as before.

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Likewise for me , I beleive my battery to be the same :)

4. gfxfr

@Ramshackle : i has all the last version, but it's possible than some of my apps has not been updated yet.

@all : did you use locale and/or battery graph?

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Nope , I haven't used any battery saving apps or Graphs :)

But just a tip , Always try to keep Wi-fi , Bluetooth , GPS etc off and that gets me through the day. My battery has never lasted more than a day but that's realistic considering it is a smartphone etc.

6. gfxfr

Every off those things are off ;), and yes your true, 48h for a smartphone is a good thing.
    But 48h when doing nothing, and before 3 days with call and surfing, it's a bit disapointing :)