• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Magic: First Impressions

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
The guys at Gizmodo gave the HTC Magic on Vodafone a quick spin and the first impressions were very good with one major caveat. The finish and form factor were rated great with great features, great weight/feel and a solid offering but the on-screen keyboard was cramped and lacking. Check out the video and see [...]

More...

It looks really nice for the people that have complained about the form factor of the G1 but i love my G1. I am cursed with fat sausage fingers so i cant stand virtual keyboards and i can type a lot faster with an actual keyboard. I will be sticking with the G1 and an actual keyboard for as long as they are made. This new one, if released in america, could get more iphone users coverted or steal more market share with new customers.

Upvote 0
I'm with everyone who has big fingers and needs a physical keyboard. And I love being able to slam out an email in a fraction of the time of my iphone friends who slowly peck one out. (they think I'm texting franticly and then they get the email I sent to everyone and its professionally* written, lol).

Though the predictive text shown in the demo looked great, where it was predicting a list of words that you can choose. (Great for people like me who can't spell!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones