• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Magic - major problems

looneybird

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
hello hope someone can advise me

i live in spain and bought this phone in december 2009 from vodafone. it is an excelant phone up until 2-3 weeks ago when i started noticing odd things happening...
a few days ago i was downloading a music app off the market and then started adding music when it suddenly froze me out the touch screen.

after having top pull the battery as i couldnt touch to close it down, it then kept stating i had removed the sd card, or the sd card was corrupt or similar. i have tried rebooting, pulling the batt, removing the sd card, restarting with and without the sd card, and sometimes

the phone buttons work with out the screen

the phone works for 3-4mins then freezes me out

the phone in unresponsive

its been like this for a few days...even to the point of if i receive a call and manage to answer it...after my fone will freeze again.

so i end up pulling the battery et etc..

i have also removed all data from the sd card...no change...and not have reset phone to factory settings.

it works sort of ok without the sd card..but after a few seconds of the sd card being in it stops again....currentrly i am using it just about, without the sd card, with no apps and new tones etc, and the HOME button wont respond.

any ideas ??

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones