HTC Magic Not working on WifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. Adsen

Adsen New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.
    I got my HTC magic yesterday when i was away from home, I home earlier today and thought i would get the phone setup on my wireless, the phone detects every other network in my area except mine.
    I am currently writing this on my laptop via the wireless connection and it is detected by another pc wirelessly and my old N95 8Gb, its not out of signal as i have tried it almost sat on the router.
    I have checked through the routers setup and cannot see any settings that are wrong or would effect this.
    I have power cycled the router just incase and same thing.

The Routers is a Netgear WNR2000
    Phone HTC Magic - Vodafone

Any Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. timbro

timbro Active Member

try doing a factory reset of the router then enable wireless with no security enabled as a starting point.

3. flopp

flopp New Member

If the router is not broadcasting, i.e. in invisible mode - the SIDD not showing on the wifi search, the the Magic will not see it.

4. costis

costis New Member

Have resolved finally the problem with Netgear? Just got the same router and my magic cannot find it. Notebook works great but my magic not.

5. jayeffkay

jayeffkay New Member

I had the same problem where it would not detect my Linksys WRT54G/GS/GL, security WPA Personal (PSK) + TKIP.

Solved by:
    Magic discovered the router once I changed the broadcast channel. When I scanned nearby networks I found out that some neighbor used my previos channel. Maybe there was to much interference for the Magic to pick up both networks?

6. modyanwar

modyanwar New Member

I have NETGEAR Wireless-N150 model DGN 1000 & HTC MAGIC
    I upgraded my Firmware Version of my router and the problem was solved

7. f117f117f117677

f117f117f117677 New Member

Hi guys:
    wireless Router: D-link Dir-600
    SSID: on
    wireless channel: 11

I have the same problem. There is wireless router in my house. The laptop connects to internet by wireless router, but Magic can't find wi-fi network in the same room. Wi-Fi in my Magic works right in other places with unknown wireless router.

is anybody have suggestion?

8. JT71

JT71 New Member

hi dudes. I'm Joe, I'm new here, just stumbled upon this forum whilst googling to find why my Magic won't connect to my new wireless N router...and there in lay the problem. Once I changed mixed "802.11b, g & n" to just "802.11g" (ie, no N) then my phone found my router and connected no problem. I think there's some backward compatibitly issue, I know my phone should just see it as a G router but it didn't. Anyway, I'm connected and all happy! Hope this helps someone. :)