HTC Magic questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. MrKindell

MrKindell New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I recently got my HTC Magic and I have some questions that maby someone here can answer?

Q1: Before I got my Magic I had a Sony Ericsson X1 with Windows mobile. And before that one I had a HTC Toutch Pro. So I have had some Windows Mobile phones. And one of the really good thing about that was the calander. I loved that I saw my upcomming meetings at the first screen on the phone.
    Can I somehow get this on my Magic to? As it is now I have to get in to the calender and take a look.

Q2: I use Outlook Exchange Sync program in my HTC Magic and it woorks fine with the mail and calender sync. But I got some kind of sync error when I try to sync my contacts. It has been sucsessfully synchronized before so I have my contacts in the phone but now I got this Error. And it dosent tells me more than a error accoured.

Q3: I have Version 1.5 of the OS in my phone. But I have read that 1.6 should be abvalible?? Is it? If, how does I upgrade it?

Q4: The first thing I was asked to do then I started the phone was to typ my google account credentials. I was really good to get my google mail in the phone but I also got alot of contacts I really dosent want to have in my phone. To persons I have e-Mailed maby one time.. Is there an easy way to delete all this contacts??

Q5: When I typ e-mail and SMS i really want to use the QWERTY keyboard. But I live in sweden and need to use

Advertisement
  2. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

MrKindell

A1: If you long-press on the desktop and choose Widgets, you can add a calendar widget to the desktop. It is small, however, and will only show you the next upcoming event in your calendar, so only 1 upcoming event at a time. There may be better calendar apps in the marketplace, but I haven't looked for one yet, and I don't have access to paid apps yet in Canada. Another option is to download the ToDo app "Astrid". It is a great app which can sync with an online "Remember the Milk" account. You can put an Astrid widget on the desktop and it will show you a short list of upcoming reminders. When you add reminders to Astrid you can have them automatically added to your calendar as well.

A2: I can't help with this. Sorry.

A3: This depends on your carrier/cellphone provider. I am with Rogers in Canada, and we don't have 1.6 yet. Some cellphone companies will send out the update to your phone automatically "over the air" (OTA) while some companies will make you download a file to install. You will have to ask your cellphone company.

A4: There does not appear to be any easy way to do this that I've found yet. I don't really use my Gmail account for anything except my phone, so I don't have the problem of extra contacts. If any sneak in, I delete them in Gmail. If I find something I will post back here.

A5: Can't really help with this one, but you might look in the MarketPlace for a Swedish, or International keyboard you can install? You might need to root to get this, I'm not sure.

3. AdamG

AdamG Active Member

Q4: in Google Mail, desktop, go to Contacts. Check the box for each contact you wish not to sync with your phone. Find the drop down menu for Groups. Select "Remove from My Contacts"
    Now on your phone, fo to Contacts. Edit your sync groups. Sync only your My Contacts group.

4. mjschmidt

@AdamG - Every time I try to Edit my sync groups to My Contacts only, I get an acore force close.

5. AdamG

AdamG Active Member

Hmmm? Thats odd. Are you running the stock Rogers ROM? If so, do u have the latest?
    What u might try is going into Settings/Synchronization and turn off all sync with Google, reboot the phone, edit your Contacts sync groups again. Back out and turn on sync w Google again

6. mjschmidt

@AdamG: I always have Sync off unless I an intentionally syncing. Yes, I am running the original Rogers ROM. I have not run any updates. There is one update on Rogers web site, but I haven't run it yet. I am using FreshFace theme, but I tried doing it with Freshface turned off , and it still didn't work.

@MrKindell: Sorry for hijacking your thread. Let's get back on topic! :)

Does anyone else have any answers for MrKindell?

7. MrKindell

MrKindell New Member This Topic's Starter

hehe no problem... And thanks for all the help.
    I do still have problem to sync my contacts but I have disabled the contact synd so I just sync the e-mail and calender right now. But it is annoying....

I talked to I firend to me that has an Ipone and he told me that some motorola phone hade google OS 2.0 and in a test it was even faster then the ipone.

Will the 2.0 even be available for my HTC Magic later on?

8. mjschmidt

Not sure, may depend on your cell carrier. I'm with Rogers in Canada, and we're still waiting for 1.6!