HTC Magic wont connect to 3g or 2g on tmobileSupport

Last Updated:

1. rumit579

rumit579 Member This Topic's Starter

i just got the htc magic last week and have been trying to fix it with tmobile help but they havent helped. i go tthe unlocked version of the htc magic on amazon. everything on the phone works and i can call and text no problem but i cant get Data. i have the data plan for the phone but i cant get it to work. Any Way i can fix this???

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Your SIM is probably the issue and is not looking to the system as a Data Account ...
    Call your TMO service center and tell them that you need to make sure the Phone is properly showing in the system as a data account .. the may need to delete you from the network and then re-initalize .. or you make need a new update SIM ...

3. rumit579

rumit579 Member This Topic's Starter

i have tried these. i got a sim swap called tmobile 3 times and manualy set up the access points. is there any other reason for these issues

4. chibiaznflipboi

chibiaznflipboi Member

i have the same problem. did you get to fix this?

5. chibiaznflipboi

chibiaznflipboi Member

i just talked to a tmo representative for technical support on unlocked phones. he said that the band frequency for tmo's 3G network HAS to be 1700/2100 mhz. while the band frequency of the european is 900/2100 mhz. He said that hopefully in the future that the tmo network will have a wider range of band frequency to apply for unlcoked phones.