HTC mail and gmail app

Last Updated:

1. maximus96

maximus96 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You guys with a separate exchange work email and personal gmail account. Do you have to setup the exchange mail on HTC

Advertisement
  2. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

You can have the Exchange account and the Gmail account both setup in the Mail app. Not sure how well this works - I keep them separate just because I want them separate.

3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

I have the gmail app running and I have about 8 email accounts and exchange so its no issues whatsoever.

__
    Wirelessly sent from my HTC EVO 4G thru Sprint PCS.

4. Ceger

Ceger Member

I noticed that the EVO version of HTC Mail has new peak and off-peak times and that if I set my peak setting to get "items as they arrive", I don't see the sync icon going on every 5 seconds. That is how the Hero did it and it actually did a pull sync constantly which ate the battery.

Anyone know if the EVO version has true exchange push capability?

Ceger

5. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

Yes, it has true Exchange push capability. I turned it off though and sync every 10 minutes instead to save battery life. By default, it uses "As Items Arrive" and you have to change it.

6. GiftedPlacebo

GiftedPlacebo Well-Known Member

We use Google Apps Premier at work, so I set up Gmail for my personal email and stuck a bookmark link to my work email on my Home screen. Granted, I don't get notifications of new work emails, but I get so much email at work I prefer it this way actually. lol

7. Ceger

Ceger Member

But if it is true push, then battery would be LOTS better than the same setting on the Hero, correct?

Ceger