HTC Mail App and Unread Count

Last Updated:

1. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC Desire with HTC sense. I use the included mail app for two different accounts (non-gmail).

On my home screen, I have shortcuts to each mailbox. However, for some reason the unread count is always the same on the two shortcuts.

(I get a new message in Account A, and both shortcuts show 1 unread message.)

Any idea how to fix this? Otherwise I like the mail app, and I'm not looking to change the app. Just wondering if this is a common problem with an easy fix.

Advertisement
  2. amlothi

I haven't seen any other talk of this issue on the forum. I just thought I'd bump this thread in hopes that someone has a solution. Rather annoying!!!

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Moved to Desire forum.

4. craggybuk

craggybuk Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that you could have 2 seperate shortcuts for different email boxes I am guessing that the indicator is simply telling you that you have x amount of unread mail across all mailboxes without interrogating which mailbox has the new message. This doesn't help you, I know but I think that's how it works.

5. Hippotech

Hippotech Well-Known Member

You need to long press on the screen ( or + ) select create a shortcut, then scroll down to mail inbox. From there you can select the inbox you like.

For me the unread counts work perfectly on my Exchange Activesync and one IMAP account.

Hippo

6. amlothi

Perhaps that is the problem for me. I have an Exchange account and a POP3 account. Not IMAP.

I don't think IMAP is supported by that other provider, but I'll check and see if that resolves the issue.

Still, it's strange that HTC designed a way to create separate shortcuts, but somehow didn't separate the "new mail" notification by mailbox.