1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

htc mail app, cant setup gmail account

Last Updated:

1. mck684

mck684 New Member This Topic's Starter

hi,

i have the gmail app setup on my htc desire hd and it works perfectly, however when i open the htc mail app and try and add gmail to that it doesn't work giving me a password error (even though i am sure it is right) i want to use the htc mail app as it will allow me to have all my email accounts in the same mail box. i have tested it with a hotmail account and it works fine, is gmail supported?

thanks.

ian.

Advertisement
  2. HXP

HXP New Member

Found this if it helps ..... To configure the 'Email' app on an Android device for access to Gmail, just follow the steps below: 1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings. 2. On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application. 3. On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup. 4. Enter your full Gmail address and password, then select Next. 5. On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done. And you're done. You can verify your settings from the Inbox view by tapping < Menu > > Account settings. Incoming settings IMAP server: imap.gmail.com Port: 993 Security type: SSL (always) Outgoing settings SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com Port: 465 Security type: SSL (always)

3. mck684

mck684 New Member This Topic's Starter

hi thanks for your advice. it still comes up with the error 'authentification failed. please verify your username/password.' i would have thought the username field would be the same as the email address for gmail?

its strange as it works perfectly for the 'gmail' app, but not the 'htc mail' app (where you have all your mail boxes together...