• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Mail app on Sprint EVO 4G partially broken

wdezell

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
This is an open request to HTC to fix the Mail application (not the GMail app) included with the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. I am using K-9 Mail as a workaround (a powerful app but not as nicely integrated as the HTC mail client).

My scenario: I rely on IMAP access to my company's Dovecot IMAP server and to the US Army's AKO mail system (two different IMAP servers).

Bug 1: The HTC mail client will NOT display smime.p7s-formatted signed messages originating from Army Outlook or Blackberry e-mail clients.

There is a brief pause, a "Downloading" activity indication, and the message "[This mail is still on the server.]" This means I cannot receive e-mail from most of my customers. K-9 has no problem with these messages, nor does Thunderbird on my PC, nor my company webmail client.

Bug 2: The HTC mail client cannot display messages in- nor move messages to any IMAP folder which contains sub-folders. Again, K-9 has no problem with these messages, nor does Thunderbird on my PC, nor my company webmail client. This flaw severely limits the usability of the default EVO mail client for me in an IMAP environment.

HTC: Please fix these problems soon. You've got a great product which is being hobbled by bad software.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones