HTC Mail deletes off the server...General

Last Updated:

1. Morkai Almandragon

Morkai Almandragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So if you retrieve email via POP, then delete the email from your inbox, and lastly delete your email from your trash... it bloody deletes it on the server (yes I have the delete mail on server UNCHECKED).

This seems like a HUGE oversight to me.

Advertisement
  2. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Can you configure it as IMAP ?

3. Hatchna

Hatchna Active Member

If you want your mail to remain on the server, you should have it configured as IMAP as the poster above suggested. Setting it as POP downloads the email locally to your phone. When you delete it, it doesn't re-upload that to your online trash folder, it moves it to the local trash folder and when you delete it from there it's gone. When you download mail from POP it removes it from the server for local storage. IMAP will download email information, but leave all emails on the server. If you delete it it goes to the server's trash folder. If you delete it again from trash it's gone.

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like it's working correctly according to how it's currently configured.

EDIT:
    Excuse my misread... I missed where you said you have delete mail from server unchecked. In that case, it seems like there's a problem with HTC's mail program. Setting to IMAP might help though as you could view email, but still leave it on the server.