HTC Mail emptied IMAP folders on deviceSupport

Last Updated:

1. davetarmac

davetarmac Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 17, 2010

For some reason, my inbox for my IMAP connection to the office email decided to empty itself on my Desire (2.1).

An email arrived and I opened the inbox (not the email) and my inbox was empty.

I have just popped in to the office (day off - typical!) and all my email is still there so it's not a total loss, just a little confusing since everything was working sweetly.

The email server is based on an OS X 10.6.4 server in the office (not that this should have anything to do with it really).

I've been through checking the settings and they're all OK. Only thing I haven't tried is removing the account and putting it back on. Might give that a try later on.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?

2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Is it not that they're older than the Download Options time-limit ? In order to keep the size on your phone down it trims messages older than 3 days (by default). You can change the time-limit (or remove it) in Send & Receive in the mail program settings menu (Menu -> More -> Settings from the mail list. If you extend the time it will re-download the messages from the server.