HTC Mail not pulling down items in InboxSupport

Last Updated:

1. Apel

Apel Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running into some issues with the HTC Mail client and I'm about ready to throw fits.

I've configured my work IMAP email account, but it's not pulling any emails down to the inbox. I get the 'No mail' message when there is most definitely mail there. I can send from the account just fine, and the sent items feed back to the server w/out any problems.

I've tried deleting the account and reconfiguring...same result. Any way to start from a clean slate in the HTC Mail client w/out wiping the entire unit?

I have configured another user's phone (same exact phone) on the same email system and theirs worked as expected....adding to the frustration!

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

First of all, what is the timeout for items set in the Settings ? (Menu->More->Settings->Send & Receive->Download Options from the white message list)

Secondly, are any of the mails in the inbox younger than that timeout ?

If not you can extend the timeout or send yourself some newer mail to check it's syncing-up.

3. Apel

Already checked that. It's set to 3 days and there are over 20 emails in my Inbox within that time frame. I even bumped it up to All and that still didn't pull any messages down.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Try the K9 email client, free from the market

5. Apel

I have K9 installed and working which also adds to the frustration. I like the HTC client better due to the email summary widgets and unread count on the launch icon that comes delivered.

So here's what's driving me to drink...
    1. My email works in K9 but not in HTC Mail
    2. Configured another user's account on identical phone and same email system and it works just fine in HTC Mail

Anyone know of a way to reset just the HTC Mail client without wiping the whole phone?

6. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Perhaps longpress the account & choose delete. I'm not familiar w/ that email client so maybe not.