1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Htc mail widget & gmail

Last Updated:

1. SweetthD3ViL

SweetthD3ViL New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi and sorry if that topic has been discussed before but I couldn't find a good enough solution.

So here it come, I love the HTC mail widget. But using a Gmail account I usually get my email via the gmail app before than the HTC mail app + widget.

So I guess the question is either, can we get a widget for the gmail app, or can we disabled the gmail app and have the HTC one be as efficient as the gmail one?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

You can get the HTC mail app to download mail every 5 minutes if you want. In each accounts Inbox, press Menu, More, Settings, Send & Receive, Set download frequency.

And you should be able to get it to download from Gmail. Just make sure you set up the account manually and enter the correct port numbers.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Moved to App section

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You need to be aware though, that setting up Email instead of GMail will mean server polling, the more often, the more data and battery will be wasted. With GMail there is no such thing as battery drain or a lot of data usage.

5. SweetthD3ViL

SweetthD3ViL New Member This Topic's Starter

That's a very good point, plus the fact that the GMail app is better than the htc Email one.

But as I said I like the widget and I cannot seems to find one for GMail,