HTC main weather widget not staying current.

Last Updated:

1. UTnick

UTnick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my main HTC weather widget won't stay current. the one under the clock. i can get it to update correctly when i click on it, but on the main screen it just displays old stuff. it's getting really annoying. the only thing that updates it is when i power-cycle my phone.

can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

How long do you give it to update? Mine sometimes takes a minute or two after I pull it out of sleep. And it will not update unless I'm on WiFi or Mobile Network. I believe it's only set to pole for the weather every so often, not in real time.

3. UTnick

UTnick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have let it sit for ten minutes without sleeping and nothing happens. it is pretty annoying. and this morning the weather read the same as it did when i went to bed last night. the widget is wrong and when i click and get in the app it is correct. grrrrrrrrrr

4. sir_knoxalot

sir_knoxalot Active Member

Same here. My weather widget doesn't update automatically, I have to push update. Once that updates I go back to the home screen and have to wait for that weather under the clock to update, about 30 secs. (And yes, I checked the settings for Auto update)

Also, my stocks don't auto updated as well. Facebook and Twitter seem to update automatically just fine though. :confused: