HTC music player, Droid Incredible, mp3 randomly appearedSupport

Last Updated:

1. chrisgonzales

chrisgonzales Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, everyone new to android and forums.

Well i plan on developing for android now and figure i'd sign up.

ok now on to my question.

I've only had it only for like 1.5 days now, installed a few apps here or there. Well i installed pandora and have pandora one, i've also bluetooth'd it to my car stereo on the way home yesterday.

Well tonite i was messing around it some more and noticed there are about 8 songs that i didn't download or transfer in the HTC Music player, they are songs/artist that i've possibly listen to in pandora. I'm not sure if pandora downloads songs and the htc player picked found them. So i tried to play a couple songs, skip a few and nothing new appeared in the htc player.

btw the files were located at:
    /emmc/MP3/[Artist]/[Album]/[song.mp3]

Just wanting to know if anyone has run into this on another HTC Sense/Android setup.

-Chris

Advertisement
  2. donotronix

donotronix Member

are you certain that you didn't just now find the songs that came preloaded with the incredible?

3. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Pandora does give you the option to link to and download songs yes, but the incredible also comes pre-loaded with several songs. And they suck by the way :D

4. chrisgonzales

Well 2 of the songs are songs that i actually know, and they aren't common songs to the general public. What songs did you have on yours.

@donotronix
    i didn't check the music player as soon as i got it so i can't be sure where the songs came from.

@soulfetcher13
    where is the pandora option to link to and download songs, how do i check that

5. soulfetcher13

When song is playing, press menu and then there is a buy button. Disclaimer is I have Pandora one (paid version) and I absolutely love this app.

6. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

I think the phones come preloaded with a few songs but not sure. I seem to remember deleting them.

What are the songs?

7. kimf

kimf Active Member

How do I delete them?

8. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

Some of the songs that came on my Inc.

Andy Caldwell.......Universal truth
    Bethurum.............Dossier
    Colette................Push
    Kaskade...............The Om Remixes
    Marisa Cristina.......Forget Me now
    People Under the Stairs...The Om Years
    Samantha James.....Rise

9. bryn987

ya, they come pre-loaded. Only one I remember was Kascade as I thought it was odd they had a house dj listed here, lol

10. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

I'd like to know that as well. I can't find anything in the manual about deleting songs from the phone, only adding or deleting from made play lists.

11. bryn987

I hooked mine up to my computer which is where I first saw them and deleted them that way. They are in the mp3 folder. That's also where you add your music

Callahan likes this.
  12. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a way of syncing playlists to the Inc? So far when I copy my playlists over it just jumbles all the songs together. Takes a ton of work to rearrage back into playlists. Is there an app for a different mp3/media player that would be better than the stock player on the Inc?

13. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

This stock HTC music player really bites! It's a total mess and mine is totally unresponsive, and has actually shut down on me a few times.

When I hit the library button it takes like a minute to bring all the songs up (around 3600 songs)

Is anyone else having similar problems? I would like to find out about alternative players as well....

14. chrisgonzales

ok i guess those were the preloaded ones, cuz i listen to kaskade and samantha james, guess it was just coincidence that i have those artists setup as stations in pandora.

Ok so the verdict is that they are preloaded. Just thought those songs were odd to have preloaded.

-Chris

15. djp24

djp24 New Member

My problem with the stock music player is you are not able to skip songs by double clicking headphones with a remote. So you must go into your pocket every time you want to bypass a song.

16. soulfetcher13

To delete the preloaded crappy songs open you music player, select songs at the bottom to list all the songs. Long press on the preloaded ones, and any others you wish together rid of. Another menu will pop-up and select delete and presto, your ears will suffer no longer.

17. mrsrodgers

mrsrodgers New Member

Thank you SOOO much Soulfetcher13.... your tip worked great on my incredible and I couldnt figure it out before!

18. fyuta

fyuta Member

I have an HTC Evo 4G Android phone and really like it, but some problems are causing me to reconsider this OS.

for the past few nights I have the same song start up (at 3:51AM grrrrr). I just was again awakened and tried to figure out what the eff was going on. The strange thing is that the music player was not shown as running. While the song was still playing, I launched the music app and started playing another song, but the original song continued to play at the same time. I then went to my Advanced Task Killer and stopped all running programs, but the song continued to play!

This is obviously a bug in the Android operating system. For me, the same song has played at the same time each morning for the past 3 nights. I have since deleted the entire album that contained the offending song. I hope this resolves the problem, but something tells me that I might be seeing this issue again.

Might be time to start considering an iPhone. As much as I like most the features of the Android, I think it is not as stable or functional as the iPhone. Sadly, I will have to change providers to use the iPhone, but the Android has some really screwed up problems.

Another problem that is prompting me to ditch android is the HORRIBLE calendar and contact synching with my MS entourage software. I have been using Spanning Sync ($40+) but it is very buggy and syncing is anything but automatic at times. Often I must completely wipe the info from my android calendar app to get items to appear on the calendar. There are a couple of identified problems, some are Spanning Sync problems, and other times, the calendar entries appear on the google calendar, but not on my device. The only solution is to clear all data from my device in the settings and sync again.

Google really needs to fix these bugs if they expect people to view this OS as viable. Right now, I give the Android platform an A for potential and a C- for actual performance. This poor ranking is due to bugs that should never exist

19. today

today Well-Known Member

Are you sure you don't have an alarm set to go off and maybe that song is set as your ringtone?

20. fyuta

fyuta Member

yes, I am sure that was not the problem, but on another thread a member said that he discovered the problem was connected to the gmail sound notification being set to that song. I finally located the setting (ANDROID setting suck!) and set the notification to silent. This is one effed up OS if you ask me.

21. neerveTum

neerveTum Guest