HTC music

Last Updated:

1. Valerie08

Valerie08 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having trouble with my HTC Hero with Google. I had ringtones that are mp3 labelled. but I want to download music to my phone as well. How do i transfer the music to my phone? and how to I get rid of the ringtones from my playlists?

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Put your ringtones into media/audio/ringtones/ folder on your sdcard and your notification sounds into media/audio/notifications/ folder. That way they will appear in ringtone/notification selection in settings, but the music player shouldn't "see" them.

I think regular music should go to media/audio/music, but for some reason (I don't remember what it was) that did not work optimally for me. I ended up putting my music in mp3/ folder and no music player apps so far had a problem with it.

To transfer music to or from your phone, just plug it into an USB port on your computer and mount it as a mass storage. I believe Hero's user manual covers that.

3. oldrover1938

oldrover1938 Member

Don't forget that the music is in DCIM folder

4. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Isn't DCIM/ the folder where pictures taken by the phone camera are saved?

5. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Pictures go in the DCIM folder, photos and videos from the camera, so I see no use putting the music there.

Just create a new folder called, I don't know, MP3 and put music there. It should work.

Or get MortPlayer from the Market :)