HTC News Widget problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Algoz66

Algoz66 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My HTC News widget (which I love) has stopped updating the news. When I press refresh, it just says "loading news" and stays like that forever. I have removed the widget from the page and reloaded it, to no avail. Anyone able to help please?

Advertisement
  2. Phydeux

Phydeux New Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm hoping someone can answer this. I've even tried clearing data and such.

3. ivanzorkic

ivanzorkic Well-Known Member

Happened to me once,reboot fixed the problem. But, I have a feeling you already tried this. Perhaps clearing the Sense launcher cache might help (settings> apps> manage apps, find Sense launcher and click clear chache)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

4. baja_yu

baja_yu Member

I have the update problem as well. It's set to update every hour but it doesn't. The widget on screen shows old news until I enter, at which point it starts refresh.

But I noticed one more today. (I subscribe to Engadget, BBC and CNET), among the news today was a study of iPad users' personality (from CNET), and below it showed one about a biker crash (BBC), When I clicked the iPad one, it actually took me to the biker news on BBC. I thought I missed, went back, and again. Went back, clicked on the biker news article and it took me to the iPad article :S

I hope they update the widget soon, as it's the best news widget around.

5. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

This happens quite often when you are trying to update the list and read the stories at the same time, you click the list and it starts to update, but then you go to click on a news story just as the list refreshes and thats why the wrong story comes up, the news story you clicked on actually moves up the list, you need to wait for it to completely update, and for the time to appear at the bottom before you click on a news story.

I have also noticed that if you are subscribed to many lists then it can take ages to update, i have thinned my list down now and never have a problem updating now.

Hope this explains & helps

Pete

6. baja_yu

baja_yu Member

Thanks for the reply Pete. I usually wait, while in the widget the circles rotate indicating update, but when I go out (to the widget on screen) as soon as I see new articles I start clicking, didn't pay attention to the time in the bottom.

I could live with this one, but the update bug is bugging :) me more.

7. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

No worries, the widget has never updated for me, but to be honest i prefer it that way as sometimes i dont look at if for days, so if its not constantly updating then its saving my lovely powerful battery :D

Pete

8. yadda yadda

yadda yadda Well-Known Member

For the last couple of days I've been unable to tap a news story to read the extended snippet via the widget - any fix on the horizon?

9. morag

morag New Member

Yadda yadda, I've got exactly the same problem. Have discovered that if I change the widget style to the small icon then it works but not for the big icon which is the one I like

10. yadda yadda

yadda yadda Well-Known Member

Spot on - I've changed to BuzzBox's News for now:

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]News
    by Widget
    50,000 downloads, 944 ratings (4.3 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]