HTC news widget - updating?Support

Last Updated:

1. xsabrewulf

xsabrewulf Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have 3 RSS feeds attached to my news app. I have set the app to update every 2 hours.

when I have the news widget up, it does not update at all... I have the click on the little update button.

what can I do? I have powered off and on my phone etc... is this common?

Advertisement
  2. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

im no sure but to my mind you could try this: make sure these are ticked: menu> account and sync> tick background data and auto sync. so that your RSS feeds would be able to update while running in the background and auto sync would make sure that update rules (every 2hours) are followed.

3. JimmiG

JimmiG Active Member

Same here. Regardless of settings, the news widget has to be updated manually... the widget, not the news feeds inside the actual app which I believe update just fine.

4. xsabrewulf

xsabrewulf Active Member This Topic's Starter

They are both already ticked
    even do the SYNC all

5. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

hmmm... maybe there is something with the RSS feeds that you have entered as they do not update that frequently? im not using this widget so its hard to say but now i put it up will try various settings maybe will be able to solve that mysterious problem :) but it might be htc's problem as weather widget is sometimes mibehaving as well.

EDIT: yep tried myself put google RSS feeds in the news widget and yep they don't update automatically even though they're set to auto update every 2 hours. so i assume its the widget itself that is somehow badly coded by HTC, so i think would be wise to let HTC know about this issue

6. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

I've found it works but only if you have one feed ticked.. more than that and it seems to struggle.

7. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I stopped using it ages ago as it didn't update automatically when it was supposed to. I recently tried again, thinking the problem may have been fixed in 2.2. No, exactly the same. I had it set to update every two hours and it didn't update at all :(

8. burtcom

burtcom Member

Also fails on my Desire Z -- I went into the app manager and cleared the news app's storage, and now it won't even present the screen to add new feeds -- just gives me a blank window.

Sigh...

I've disabled syncing for the HTC news app and widget, and now I'm using the News and Weather app and widget instead.