HTC Nexus One will not boot past XSupport

1. Taiidan

Taiidan New Member

Hello there,

I will start by saying that I have no knowledge of Android software or the processes behind them. So I have come here to resolve a problem with a phone that I have been given to use while my windows mobile is off being fixed:

I have been given the HTC Google Nexus One phone which boots up to the X logo and goes no further. I believe the battery drained down to 0% and have been told this is the result of the loss of power and have been suggested to do a recovery on the phone. I do not have any software for this phone or the know how to doing this.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

This procedure will erase everything on the phone:

-Turn the power off. If your Nexus One is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    -Hold the Volume Down button
    -Press and release the Power button
    -You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    -Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    -Press and release the Power button
    -Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
  3. Taiidan

Taiidan New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I have just done what you have suggested and it had rebooted after 5 seconds, the X logo unfortunately still persists.
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Has the phone been previously rooted? Is it the X with all the lines streaming towards it?
  5. Taiidan

Taiidan New Member

The X logo is a still image with a black background, no animation with lines rushing towards it so I do not believe it has been manipulated in any way. It should be as it was purchased.
  6. timmywu

timmywu New Member

Mine is doing the exact same thing. No animation just the 4 color x with black screen. I tried clearing all user data, fast boot and all other options in the recovery screen to no avail. Is there a way to recover this or shall I give it to the puppy and 1 yr old to play with?
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Noo send it to me :D