• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories htc oem car charger

That's really unusual. I've been using MonoPrice for a couple years so far and haven't had anything I got from there fail me yet. Call them up (They are there on sundays) and they'll probably send you out a new one.

I've ordered a lot from Monoprice and have never had issues, but a "cheap" product can easily be defective. I ordered the same thing for my girlfriend and she has had no issues, so I'll just get in touch with customer service.

Upvote 0
Update to my 2amp car charger.

It does NOT seem to charge quickly at all. I'm not sure why. I've done some preliminary observations (not quite full tests).

Even at home, I have two wall chargers, the HTC charger that came with the Incredible. Its rated at 1A @ 5v. I also have the iPhone charger which has the exact same specs, 1A @ 5v.

Yet the phone "seems" to charge much more quickly with the HTC charger than with the iPhone charger.

Likewise, it is NOT charging rapidly on the car charger.

Ideas on how that can happen include:
- The HTC charger is actually putting out a higher voltage
or
- There's some other signal on the USB cable which tells the phone to charge more quickly.

I plan to conduct further tests on the wall chargers. But I really need a fast charge in the car and I have not found it yet.

Upvote 0
is there an oem htc car charger for the incredible yet? can't seem to find one anywhere. not interested in the verizon micro car charger.

FWIW, I bought the Verizon silicone case and some screen protectors at the local Verizon store yesterday, and they sales guy said "if you want a car charger too, I'll give you all 3 for $30". So the charger effectively cost about $1.

I have another charger, but this way I got an extra one that I can leave in the other car for $1.

Upvote 0
The Monoprice car chargers work fine, but I'm having an issue with the USB wall charger. When I plug the Inc in to charge, the screen and soft buttons become unresponsive. I can turn the screen on and off with the power button, but that's it.

Anyone else having this issue with the wall charger from Monoprice?

I have the exact same thing happen, i picked up 2 ac adapters. the screen wont do anything when it is plugged in

Upvote 0
I have the exact same thing happen, i picked up 2 ac adapters. the screen wont do anything when it is plugged in

I picked up 2 of these as well. One of the chargers does this, the other works perfectly.

I assume it has something to do with the incredible not understanding what's plugged in. Maybe a crossed wire within the charger, etc.

Upvote 0
Same problem with the wall chargers. I ordered TWO of them, and both force the phone into SLOW MOTION... not very happy with that...

The info on the wall chargers is as follows:

Input 100-240V AC
50 / 60Hz

Output 5V DC1000mA

Does this explain anything, or I'm I stock with these two "not-really-working" pieces?

ARG.
knight

Upvote 0
Okay, I read this thread the other day and went looking around for a dual port 1A (or more) charger. Wal-Mart has a Sosche GPSCHRG for $48.99 it includes several USB adapters just not a Micro-USB (go figure), my friend was playing with the Shopping app while he was drooling over my phone and scanned the barcode in the store... It Beeped and came back almost imediatelty with competitor prices ranging from $20-$30! I decided not to pay the almost $50 at WalMart and did some more research.

Sosche.com shows the GPSCHRG and also a USB12V2A which is the same thing without the USB cables. It says 5V-2A on the package but in reading the manual (Sosche.com) it supplies 1A to each of the USB ports. This will allow my wife and I to plug both out Incredibles in at the same time and both will charge at the 1A that the OEM wall charger is rated at. I haven't checked around for a cheaper USB12V2A but I'm sure they are out there.

Upvote 0
The Monoprice car chargers work fine, but I'm having an issue with the USB wall charger. When I plug the Inc in to charge, the screen and soft buttons become unresponsive. I can turn the screen on and off with the power button, but that's it.

Anyone else having this issue with the wall charger from Monoprice?
Same problem here with the wall chargers. And the car chargers from monoprice only charge enough to keep the battery from running down while running the nav program. Hard to know what will work since all these things seems to be rated the same.

This seems to be the same symptoms (touch screen not responsive) that some are having when they put the phone on a table or in the car dock. When they touch the phone with the other hand, everything works fine.

Upvote 0
ok so first of all, I agree with you guys, the monoprice products are darn cheap....like we see here in this thread some work and some don't!!
With that being said, I wanted to tell you that I had bought a car charger with all kinds of adapters from "Marshall's" from Phillips for 9.99...first I used the cable the INC comes with until I found some micro USB's at some local store for like 4.00...works perfect:D
So, I wanted a back up and went to a "TJMaxx" and found a whole set of wall, car and headphones in a box for 12.00...bought another 4 bucks cable...and it works like a charm......I can't compare it to the original Verizon car charger when talking about speed but it works, nothing is defect and my Inc's are charged on the go.....:D
So hit your local TJMaxx, Marshall or Ross and you will find a great price on those car adapters as well.....and you can return them in the store or try them out in the parking lot like I did:p

Upvote 0
Update on my 2amp charger.

I conducted a number of tests using an HTC G1 which was easier for me to test and I thought was exhibiting the same behavior as the Incredible.

In summary, the G1 charged at similar rates using the Incredible HTC charger, the iPhone charger and the 2amp car charger. Earlier I had said that it charged faster with the HTC charger. Apparently that is not true.

I was interesting that if the phone was off, it charged much more slowly.
If the phone was being used, it charged much more slowly.

The fastest way I could charge the phone was with it on and not busy.

In my earlier append I theorized that maybe the chargers were outputting different voltage. I tested the iPhone and HTC charger. They putting out almost exactly the same voltage at 5.05v.

Upvote 0
I think if you are concerned about OEM products, as I am. I might suggest buying a Motorola one. You know you are getting a solid product, but one that has been out longer and used on more devices(Micro USB vs regular) so naturally it is cheaper. I bought both a wall and car charger for much cheaper but the quality is solid. They are just a different brand.

HTC is newer to Micro USB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones