• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Official response on the Facebook Contact Sync Issue

Raadius

Jun 9, 2010
I emailed HTC regarding my Favorites widget, which has my friends FB sync to it, the pictures don'st update when a friends change there pic, EVER. Even my Facebook profile which is linked to my phone, I have the same picture showing up from 3 weeks ago, and I changed my pic 2 weeks ago lol. Also it doesn't center the picture, my friends heads are cut off too, smh.

Also just for reference, I have an HD2, it comes with the same favorite widget (called 'People') and it auto updates perfectly AND centers the picture too. Anyways here is the response:
Hi, I'm Victor, and I will be glad to assist you today. At this time we do not have a fix for the issues you are having with your device. We have no information on when an update will be released to help resolve these issues with your device. Once an update is released for your device you will get a notification on your device that an update is available for it. If you have any other questions feel free to reply. You may also enjoy HTC Community - Join the HTC Mobile Phone Community Online, our customer-based forum, which has a plethora of information on HTC devices. I would also like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at HTC Online Survey. I hope you have a great day!

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 10USCW25ENA001636.

Sincerely,

Victor
My thing is, whats the point of having such feature, if it doesn't work?!

yeah and it keeps wanting to link certain contacts even though i clear suggestion, it keeps coming up, same name but different sufix, it does not pick up on that. When I first transfered my contacts from my diamond it linked everyone with the same last name, had to go in and manually add everyone who was missing, good thing everything was backed up on myphone.com because i had already re-flashed the old phone and given it to my brother when i noticed. My sisters Facebook did eventually update randomly one day, i only noticed because she commented that it was not the picture she had up, tried to do it manually but did not show up, but a couple days later it was there. Used sense 2.1 on diamond and it worked well on there, hopefully they fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones