HTC ONE accessories (discussion, user reviews)Tips

1. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

I did find it strange that there was no magnets, I've done a few drop tests on the bed from shoulder height and it didn't open once.
  2. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

Oh okay, cool. Thanks, I didn't realize it was a flip case
  3. Aokusman

Aokusman Well-Known Member

Yeah being held closed by a magnetic system that guarantees it stays flat when closed.
  4. Aokusman

Aokusman Well-Known Member

5. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Had a few people saying they can't hear me very well when the case is on, I've used a pin to widen the hole where the Mic is, see if that helps or it's the bin for this case...
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for everyone wondering if the One supports OTG out of the box. I just read through the User Manual and grabbed this little tidbit:
    "USB storage- When you plug in an external USB storage device (such as a USB flash
    drive or an SD card reader), you can view photos and videos stored on the device right from Gallery and play songs stored on the device in Music. You can also open PDFs and edit Office documents. You need a USB On-The-Go micro cable adapter to connect HTC One and a USB storage device. HTC One supports USB storage devices (except portable hard drives) up to 64 GB."
    rottonj, toad6386, Abird! and 2 others like this.
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

a review or two have already verified this. this will also make it easier to swallow for those who wish they had 64gb of storage as now they can purchase a card reader or OTG adapter and attach an sd card. win-win for everyone...
    Rose4uKy, rottonj and sikclown like this.
  8. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

I had the wife saying the same thing to me the first time she rang me and i was using the free flip case i got with mine.

It wasn't until later (after much crapping myself that the phone was useless) that i realised the hole for the mic was totally covering the mic itself!:D

Needless to say, i don't bother with the flip case now, unless i'm likely to be watching a movie on nights at work.
  9. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind but it's a genuine HTC Case, I paid
  10. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

I've always used Diztronic TPU cases. They are precision made and work very nicely. I just ordered one for the HTC one.
  11. marctronixx

KOLIO, sikclown and EarlyMon like this.
  12. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Does it have an adapter,to accommodate a phone w/a case?
    It appears to,from the pix available.
  13. marctronixx

Yes there is an adapter. Should be able to use slim cases but probably not cases like otterbox...

Attached Files:

KOLIO likes this.
  14. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Good to know. I ordered from them on Sunday and it already shipped. I have the otterbox commuter case but never figured it would work with any Dock.
    marctronixx likes this.
  15. marctronixx

Cool. Well you can verify if your case will work or not.
  16. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I sorta made a promise to myself that I wasn't gonna go all-out accessory-wise w/this phone,as I rarely used my last three docks for various phones,but,@$19.99,I may have to reconsider.
    Especially since the photos suggest that you can use it in either portrait,or,landscape mode.

I am definitely taking a pass on the HD Media Adapter,as I used a similar accessory w/my SGS3 a grand total of 1 time.:egg:
    marctronixx likes this.
  17. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

I'm a painter for the school district, I pretty much have to have at least a commuter style case or my phones would get trashed. The otterbox covers the charging port making a Dock pretty much out of the question (even if it did fit).

I may try just a clear TPU case and the dock combo on lighter duty days and weekends.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. marctronixx

The media adapter is left over stock from last year. They didn't sell like htc hoped so they are giving these things away. It's not worth purchasing outright but people like getting gimmicks for free.

I've had the media adapter nearly a year and I've not used it other than to test it. Most people will use it a few times but will forget it quickly...
  19. BillyODU

BillyODU Well-Known Member

Just got two of the poetic atmosphere cases with 3 war warrenties. couldn't pass up that deal, plus they are seethrough.

I am looking for some good chargers and rugged cases I can get without spending 50 bucks for an ottorbox
    marctronixx likes this.
  20. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

just got my notice that my full body invisibleshield shipped today. Should have it when I get the phone Friday. Way to go Zagg
  21. BillyODU

I also picked up the Punked Commuter otterbox for 23 bucks yesterday, shipped today. That puts me and my fiancee at 11 cases....
  22. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

It may be time for an intervention....
    EarlyMon likes this.
  23. BillyODU

Is there a 12 step?
  24. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

Every screen protector I have tried to put on comes out with bubbles and doesn't line up well.

I may have missed it but is there a home dock for the ONE yet? It would be nice to put it somewhere and safe not to mention I used it as an alarm clock.