• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC ONE accessories (discussion, user reviews)

Every screen protector I have tried to put on comes out with bubbles and doesn't line up well.

zagg is good stuff and not TOO hard once you get used to putting it on. The trick is to:

-spray and clean phone
-spray phone but do not wipe clean
-spray FINGERS (MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!)
-spray BOTH sides of the shield
-apply

Its REALLY easy since everything is covered in liquid. Its easier to line up, easier to squeegee and is totally bubble free. You just need to wait a couple hours for the liquid to dry under the shield before the streaking will go away. Trust me, Ive done HUNDREDS of them at Best Buy.

Now the static cling shields (Ie. 500 of them for $1 on amazon) are insane to me. I can not and will not ever mess with those. *Shudders*

Upvote 0
Every screen protector I have tried to put on comes out with bubbles and doesn't line up well.

I may have missed it but is there a home dock for the ONE yet? It would be nice to put it somewhere and safe not to mention I used it as an alarm clock.

here is the Dock I got ...it seems to work ok so far
Amazon.com: Charger for HTC One M7: Cell Phones & Accessories

word of warning though, the usb cable that came with mine was junk ..use the HTC cable that comes with the phone and you should be ok

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I've used the Zagg screen protectors mentioned in previous posts. I have one on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and if I do end up getting a screen protector for my One, that's the one I'm going to use. There's both a full body and screen only protection - HTC One Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG. It might cost a little more, but that'll probably be the only screen protector that I'll have to put on.

For the Galaxy Tab that is a HUGE screen, but I covered it with little trouble and there's zero bubbling (after the liquid dried underneath). I was a little worried when I first put it on because I saw a couple small bubbles that I couldn't get out, but they completely went away in a day or so. Had I used a little more spray that might not have happened.

Upvote 0
Well BestBuy Has the mophie Juice Pack for 99.99. Take that "But it doesn't have a removable battery" people!

mophie Juice Pack Charging Case for HTC M7 Mobile Phones 39742BBR - Best Buy

I had one of these on my GALAXY S3 & it's a quality product,works well w/o the overheating that you may get w/other battery cases.

If you're seriously considering getting this,I HIGHLY recommend that you visit BEST BUY & actually take it out of the package & get look/feel before buying it, vs. waiting for an on-line deal & buying it sight un-seen.

This case adds more bulk/size than your typical case & those that are averse to the increase in size/weight will not want to spend the $ just to find this out after the purchase.

I myself won't mind the added size,but,w/all the great battery life reports from those who've chimed in on the user review thread,I'm holding off unless I find the need for it.

Upvote 0
I took another shot to better illustrate what the case looks like:

DSC_0983_zps9818bc1b.jpg

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
So I got the HTC one yesterday and I personally have earbuds that I use and never even think about using the ones that phones usually come with.. So today I was going through the box and saw the earbuds... they caught my eye because the actual bud was red.. So I said, "why not" and I opened them up. I was at first shocked at how thin the coil is and then put them on. I was blown away how snug they felt and the sound that came out of them. I'm not going to lie I am very surprised at how nice these earbuds are. I recommend all of you to try them out before you throw them to the side thinking they are average.

Reactions: misplacetexan
Upvote 0
It would seem that way... Even so. I am really not a fan of the Beats headphones I think their price outshines the quality. But, these are awesome... and FREE!!

I agree, however, I sampled the earbuds that came with my wife's S3...utter garbage in terms of sound quality, anything would be an upgrade from those. Oh, and they are not free, you paid for them, although eliminating them would have only dropped the price of your phone a few bucks lol.

Upvote 0
I agree, however, I sampled the earbuds that came with my wife's S3...utter garbage in terms of sound quality, anything would be an upgrade from those. Oh, and they are not free, you paid for them, although eliminating them would have only dropped the price of your phone a few bucks lol.

Can't look at it that way... I look at it as I paid for a phone and anything else that came with it is extra.. Put it like this if they wanted to they could have thrown in S3 garbage and charged the same price or nothing and charged the same price. The phone itself would be the exact same no matter what accessories come with it. I do agree though, I had an S3 holy shit they sucked. Almost as bad as the iphone earbuds lol

Upvote 0
It would seem that way... Even so. I am really not a fan of the Beats headphones I think their price outshines the quality. But, these are awesome... and FREE!!

If you have beats headphones with a device loaded with beats audio, such as these phones, nothing compares. Before I got my beats earbuds, I would have the volume at max level. With beats earbuds, I typically only go halfway because it sound and bass is so loud.

Just beats headsets by themselves aren't as good if you aren't listening to a device that has beats loaded in

Upvote 0
Can't look at it that way... I look at it as I paid for a phone and anything else that came with it is extra.. Put it like this if they wanted to they could have thrown in S3 garbage and charged the same price or nothing and charged the same price. The phone itself would be the exact same no matter what accessories come with it. I do agree though, I had an S3 holy shit they sucked. Almost as bad as the iphone earbuds lol

lol yeah, I listened to a few seconds of music through them and almost chucked them right in the garbage can! Anyway, so you are then telling me that the charger and USB cable are also freebies? You absolutely MUST look at it that way, if it came in the box, or even came with the phone, you paid for it somewhere, someway.

Upvote 0
So I got the HTC one yesterday and I personally have earbuds that I use and never even think about using the ones that phones usually come with.. So today I was going through the box and saw the earbuds... they caught my eye because the actual bud was red.. So I said, "why not" and I opened them up. I was at first shocked at how thin the coil is and then put them on. I was blown away how snug they felt and the sound that came out of them. I'm not going to lie I am very surprised at how nice these earbuds are. I recommend all of you to try them out before you throw them to the side thinking they are average.

They are ok. Though I cant understand why HTC didn't put a remote that controls playback/volume on them.

Upvote 0
Two days in my One's battery life has exceeded my expectations. That said, I ordered a uNu Enerpak Tube Universal Battery Pack (5,000mAh) for $29.99 yesterday. It's only 1A (some other models appear to charge at 2.1A) but I was looking for something reasonably priced, relatively small, and in an aesthetically pleasing form factor. The Unu sounds like the perfect combination as a couple emergency charges should be more than sufficient for my needs. Anyone have one of these?

uNu Enerpak Tube Flashlight Universal Battery Pack for Smartphones and Tablets | uNu

Upvote 0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366570189823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366570189823.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones